“Ver impressive hotel in Paris”

Hidden Hotel by Elegancia
Ranked #51 of 1,802 Hotels in Paris
Ottawa, Canada
“Ver impressive hotel in Paris”
Reviewed July 5, 2012

I stayed at Hidden for 4 nights in July 2012. I researched hotels in Paris a fair bit before booking. I was not disappointed. I was there on business, but also managed to visit Paris every day. The hotel staff was friendly and courteous. The decor is modern and cool. The rooms are extremely comfortable. There are great beds, plenty of water pressure, and working A/C. The rooms are small, which is standard in Paris, but the use of space is very nice. The shower/sink opens into the room (toilet is closed off), which is fine for solo travelers or couples. The location is superb. You are within walking distance of the Arc, Champs Elysees, Palais des congres, Air France shuttle, and many other things. This neighborhood is actually reasonably calm and quiet, which was quite welcome after walking through throngs of tourists just about everywhere else in Paris. Only complaint is the lack of iron/ironing board (only one for the hotel, which they tried very hard to get for me). They could buy a couple more. Breakfast is excellent, although not cheap. There are tons of nearby boulangeries if you prefer to get your croissant and espresso elsewhere.

I will definitely be back.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank gmart107
, Directeur général at Hidden Hotel by Elegancia, responded to this review, July 8, 2012
Dear gmart107,
Thanks for your comment and really glad that you spent a pleasant stay in our establishment. Do not hesitate coming back and discover our new rooms openned last 18th of june 2012.
Best regards,
Patrick KELLY, manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 28, 2012

If you are reading this and considering a stay in Paris, don't spend time looking for anywhere else; stay at the Hidden Hotel. Unique, quirky, spotless and eco-conscious. A place that felt like it had a soul rather than most other faceless hotel.

Firstly the location is in a small street just 2 minutes walk from Etoile Metro (take the Avenue Carnot exit) so really easy to get around from there. Just around the corner are some very buzzy bars and restaurants so everything on the doorstep and the Arc de Triomphe and Champ Elysee just 5 minutes walk.

The decor in the reception was rustic, lovely wood, stone, linen materials - felt very homely and stylish that made me feel like I could be in Provence than the centre of the city. I was greeted by a nice chap who spoke perfect English (no chance to practice my French!), he was rather rushed as the phone didn't stop ringing but showed me to the next door building where my room was. Slightly odd being next door but he explained that they were just doing an extension and it wasn't quite finished yet. My room (408) was beautiful. Only small, as all Paris hotels are, but very cleverly designed. There is a huge bed with the most divine crisp bed linen and beautiful muslin drapes around it. The shower was an absolute dream with a seat inside and rainfall shower head made it very hard to get out. The room was so spotless I felt like i could have been the first person to ever sleep in it. There were lovely touches like scented tissues, gorgeous smellies and a massive TV.

To summarise why you should stay here:

modern but rustic style made the atmosphere very homely
spotlessly clean
the shower (and the body lotion to use afterwards)
the bed + the bed linen - you'll read about their eco-matt on their website
location close to Metro (yellow line)
room smelt gorgeous
quality fixtures and quirky designer furniture
eco-credentials
lovely staff (thank you for arranging an early breakfast for me)
quality TV
great temperature room - not too hot on a very sticky night
crockery for breakfast was amazing - I so want to know where that's from!

To balance it out there were just a few little niggles:

they only have 3 irons and they were all loaned when I asked for one - in a 4* property I expect to be able to get an iron in the room
I asked to borrow an adaptor plug and whilst they had a selection none were English to French!
the TV didn't have ANY English channels which again in a 4* I expect. The handbook said you could select International channels on the remote but my remote was completely different without that selection option
the soundproofing on the windows is not great. Even though I was on the 4th floor on a quiet street there were a few lorries around in the night and I didn't expect to hear noise.

I recommend this hotel to anyone without hesitation. Sadly I was staying alone on business, but can't wait to go back and share with my boyfriend as it is a very romantic place.

Room Tip: My room was 408 in the extension, an Emotion room - definitely recommend.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank sallywatkins44
, Directeur général at Hidden Hotel by Elegancia, responded to this review, July 1, 2012
Whaouuu ! What a detailed comment! Thanks for all this details for the future customers and glad to see you spent a nice stay. The extension will totally be finished around the 15th of july. So next time you come exverything should be perfect to you.
Thanks again and enjoy travelling,
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed June 14, 2012

This was my first time in Paris and we booked this awesome eco-friendly hotel. I absolutely LOVED this place! The decor was rustic, modern and simply gorgeous. The elevator was much bigger than most elevators in Paris hotels, the rooms were small but it was unbelievably space efficient. I loved everything about this hotel, the staff all spoke fluent English and they were all really helpful. Waking up in the morning to get coffee was like walking into your own living room, it didn't feel like a big hotel lobby and the morning staff was so friendly, a great start to my busy day in Paris. The coco-mat sheets are eco-friendly and extremely comfortable, but don't expect silk-satin style sheets- remember it's good for the environment so it's going to be a tad rough. If I had 1 complaint it would be- our last night in Paris, housekeeping cleaned EVERYTHING including all the shampoo and soap and they didn't replace them, which I thought was annoying. So we didn't have any soap to wash our hands. Grrrr. But overall, I'm definitely recommending this great hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
washington, dc
Reviewed June 10, 2012

We had a great stay at the Hidden Hotel and I would definitely recommend it.

Location: This was our first trip to Paris, so we were a little concerned that since the hotel is located in the 17th, we would be a little out of the way. However, it turned out that our worries were completely unfounded! We were quite pleased with the location--it is only about a five minute walk to the Arc de Triomphe and the CDG Etoile train station. On our last day, we learned that there is an entrance to the Etoile train station on Avenue Carnot--which is even closer to the hotel. The Etoile station links almost all of the major lines The hotel is about a 10 min walk from the top of Champs Elysees,

We also liked the neighborhood because it was a little more residenital, but still had lots of upscale shops and restaurants. It is a pretty quiet neighborhood, with the exception of what appeared to be a few popular bars/restaurants.

Rooms: While the rooms were defintely small, I thought they had a really great use of space.The bed was very comfortable. The shower was great. Everything was very clean and felt relatively new. Our room came with a balcony area which we really loved--it overlooked a courtyard and some neighboring apartments and was very quiet and quaint.

Staff: Overall, they were helpful and cordial. We got a great recommendation for a restaurant for our last night in Paris (Reche). The reception staff are all fluent in English. I found them to be helpful in answering our questions.

Breakfast: We thought the price for breakfast seemed a little high (around 15-18Euros) and only ordered it one morning. However, we actually enjoyed it quite a bit--there were many options and all of the food was very tasty (actually some of the better bread and pastries we had in Paris). We were full for the remainder of that day.

The price was a little higher than I would have preferred to spend. However, I searched extensively and did not find anything better for less during the window that we stayed in Paris. Overall, I think we made the right choice with the Hiden Hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank kam1908
san francisco
Reviewed June 6, 2012 via mobile

Staying at the fabulous Exception room ,602! It's everything that I wAbted for my Paris leg of the trip. Crisp clean sheets, amazing mattress (pillows were unique but I think it helped stopped my snoring, hehe - hotel uses coco fabric) rooms were designed to be a total escape from the hustle n bustle (and sometimes can be over the top) of this city. Service is top notch, Eloide (I am spelling it wrong) was über friendly, gave us tips not just for our stay in Paris but for future visits, even remembered that I wasn't feeling too well in the
Morning and asked me how I was doing when I got back in the afternoon.

Location is right in the heart of it all (close to the air France shuttle as well) Located on a small quaint street.. Could get a tiny noisy in the Mprning but that's Paris for you!

Didn't try the breakfast but it looks great. Lobby is cozy and have a great selection of drinks.

Overall I am loving it here!

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank markvreyes
hiddenhotel, Propriétaire at Hidden Hotel by Elegancia, responded to this review, June 11, 2012
Hello,
Room 602 is a sensation room. The exception rooms will be openning in the extension openning next week june 18th and the exception rooms july 2nd.

Hope to see you soon,
London
Reviewed June 6, 2012

I am so glad to have found Hidden Hotel on my recent Paris trip with my husband. It has always been quite difficult to pick the 'right' hotel for your holiday but Hidden Hotel has exceeded our expectations. Though our room was quite small, the layout of the room was so cleverly designed that it didn't matter as at the end of the day, there was such a nice cosy feel to it. We stayed for 4 nights in room 105 which had a private terrace - beautifully laid wooden flooring. The room had an A/C unit, a good size safe (we were able to put our laptops in!), great hot rainforest shower, big flat screen TV, and the bed... arrr.. the great COCO-mat bedding - you'll just have to experience this yourself. Breakfast was lovely with homemade croissant and many other things to choose from - yoghurts, cereals, fresh fruit salad, cured meats, smoked salmon to name a few. The hotel is literally 2 minutes walk to Arc de Triomphe and 1 minute from the metro station. Staff were very friendly, extremely helpful and always smiling. Great great place to stay and really made our Paris trip memorable.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Chusana_p
hiddenhotel, Directeur général at Hidden Hotel by Elegancia, responded to this review, June 7, 2012
Thanks so much for you feedback. I'm so touched about your comments. With comments like yours we know why we are getting up in the morning ! To make the more greatful the stay of our customers.
Enjoy travel and looking forward welcoming you soon again