“We've Been to them all, but this is special”
Review of Marche Raspail

Marche Raspail
Ranked #35 of 659 Shopping in Paris
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Billed as the largest organic market in France and one of the largest in Europe, this 150-stall market stands in Paris’ tony 6th arrondisement, or district. Its all-organic wares woo celebrities including actor Gérard Depardieu, filmmaker Sofia Coppola, and French supermodel Laetitia Casta. Even the Food Network’s Barefoot Contessa (Ina Garten) swears by this one.
Dexter, Michigan
96 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 119 helpful votes
“We've Been to them all, but this is special”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

The vendors specialize in organic produce, baked goods and top notch meats, fruit du mer. A lively, crowded, well maintained market.

5 Thank pen1

• Turkish first
New Jersey
53 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 76 helpful votes
“Very cool place to visit and mingle with real Parisians.”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Visiting this market makes me wish I had an apartment nearby so I could purchase the fresh food here and cook it! Wonderful array of meats, veggies, fruits and fish!!

2 Thank Carole611
Tahoe City, California
100 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 205 helpful votes
“Pleasant Shopping Experience”
Reviewed October 17, 2012

On a recent 8-day trip to Paris my wife and I visited many Markets, Marche Raspail included. Our hotel was near Notre Dame and we had little difficulty riding the Metro to the market. I forget the exact line but we got off at the Sevres-Babylone stop. The market extended south from near this stop along Boulevard Raspail. My wife's friend suggested a stop here and recommended one particular vendor for his Herbs de Provence, Sea Salt, and Salted Caramel. We made two visits to this markert because this vendor had sold out of some of the three items listed above. Our first visit was on a Tuesday and we returned on Friday to again find him and purchase all that my wife wanted. We loved walking this market and seeing the variety of things for sale. I had not packed enough socks for our trip and bought some cheap ones here that were serviceable. Although we made many purchases, snackable fruit, cheese, homemade yogurt, sweet treats, and trinkets, we'd have been happy just to walk up and down this market and observe all that is for sale. As an added note, I purchased homemade yogurt from a number of markets on this trip. We tried apricot, coffee, lemon, and other flavors. This alone was a wonderful treat. The vendors were very friendly and engaged us in conversation, all in an attempt to get us to stop and consider their products. Both our visits were later in the morning and the shopping crowd was large enough but not thick enough that we were jostled or bumped as we winded our way down the street. When we go back, we'll return to Marche Raspail. I highly recommend it.

Visited June 2012
6 Thank fallfan54
Harwood, Maryland
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“Don't Miss This Open Air Market”
Reviewed October 11, 2012

We rent an apartment when we visit Paris. We love this market as do the TV cooking celebrities. The produce is excellent. There are also fish, meat, cheese and other vendors. Even if you don't stay in an apartment it is worth a visit to enjoy the goings on and the atmosphere. Exit the metro at the Rennes stop. The market takes up several blocks along the Boulevard Raspail. It is open on Tuesdays and Saturdays.

8 Thank Anthony G
Paris, Ile-de-France, France
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“A food lovers MUST”
Reviewed January 22, 2012

I do all my Sunday shopping here. The best food market in Paris, all the venders are nice, mostly bi-lingual, and selling only organic products. The market is not pushy, like other Paris markets, and while busy it is orderly, calm, and welcoming. Lots of great things (I recommend the potato galettes, hot, that you see as you enter the market from Sevres-Babylone metro, or any of the pastry items. If you are watching your waistline, a man sells yummy hot soups), you could easily make a breakfast or lunch out of this market.

Visited January 2012