“Abysmally bad food”
Review of Les Ministeres - CLOSED

Les Ministeres
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Les Ministères restaurants is just a stone's throw from the Louvre and the Orsay museum. There has been a restaurant here since 1919 and the table layout with booths and banquettes dates from 1977. The food is always based on what is available in the markets: plates of oysters, fish and green bean tajine, steak tartar made to order... The chef changes the menu according to his mood and current fashions!
“Abysmally bad food”
Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

Mid August and many Parisian restaurants close for their annual holidays...if only this was true of Les Ministeres
Okay the waiter was friendly but the food was appalling
We both ordered the terrine for entree. It was tough! True...it was littered with lumps of seemingly hard boiled tasteless meat-possibly duck.
The mains were nearly as bad
A lamb shank with mashed potato was barely edible.Themash was injected with corn which did nothing for the taste buds.My partner's crumbed squid (calamari fritters) were clearly cooked in old oil.
The aroma itself was a turn-off and the taste proved equally bad.
Stupidly I had opted for the 3 course set menu & I proved to be a three time loser as the ice-cream dessert was an unappetising version of nougat ice-cream
This place would die a quick death back home in Melbourne Australia if it served up this standard of fare
Stay away!!!!

• Visited August 2013

Toronto
“Tranquil oasis on a hot August day”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Air conditioning! Quiet efficiency! Cloth napkins! Just what we needed on a broiling summer day after several hours at the Orsay. There was a lunch prix fixe menu featuring onglet de boeuf or €14.90 but we were looking for something more summer-friendly, so we had generous portions of gazpacho, the platter of 20 oysters (actually they gave us 22), a bottle of Muscadet and a carafe d'eau (free) for around €75. Not a major workout for the chef, granted, but presentation was excellent and gazpacho well-spiced. Service was prompt, no one laughed at our French, and we emerged refreshed and revitalised.

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank WomanofDiscernment
Madison, WI
“A very nice lunch in May”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Had I read several earlier TA reviews before visiting, we might not have stopped -- but I'm glad we did. My wife and I had lunch there in late May after a visit to Musee d'Orsay (not too far away), and we thoroughly enjoyed it. The place was very busy (almost no open tables) and appeared to be popular with what I'll assume were 'businessmen' (men in suits without spouses) but we were seated promptly and provided with menus immediately. We both elected the daily 'formule' (entre and plate - duck as I recall), and were eating in less than 15 minutes. We shared a half-bottle of wine and the bill came to less than 55 euros. We felt that the very attentive service, the excellent duck, the restaurant's ambiance and the speed with which we were served was well worth the price. I would recommend for a fine lunch, moderately priced.

1 Thank OregonSlim
Amston, Connecticut
“worst of the worst disrespectful”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

My wife, daughter and I went in for lunch on May 6th. It was recommended by our hotel.(who we went back and informed of our experience) We were seated, and had a few questions that were answered by the maitre'd with a major attitude. His receptive personality was spawned off to our waiter. We then had to ask to be served water and wine. After 15 min. of waiting for our drink order while the waiter was setting up tables, we asked again and they served us. Then they brought out our apps and dinner at the same time. After lunch we complained to deaf ears. 100.00 EURO lunch!! They do not like Americans. experienced 1st hand! While sitting there I noticed there regular clientel was treated very nicely. It is a shame, how a few people can make a strong negatve impression . It was a a big let down because it was very nice inside. My daughter spent 4 months traveling around the world eating everything from dives to high end with no attitude, and experienced this on her last day in Paris!!. We made up for it at dinner. Will write a very good review. Final note, if you don't like it leave

London, United Kingdom
“Avoid at all costs”
Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

I think this was the worst dining experience of my life. Honestly - it really was that bad!

The food was more or less inedible. My partner and I both left large amounts of food on our plates because it was so bad. Badly prepared, poor quality ingredients, badly seasoned, and badly cooked.

We were stunned at how bad it was especially for the cost. €80 for two courses each. Whilst this might not sound expensive for Paris I can safely say that €8 would have been too much.

I wish we'd gone to McDonald's or Pizza Hut. We would certainly have been better fed there.

1 Thank Chris H