“Les Mnisteres, Paris” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Les Ministeres - CLOSED

Les Ministeres
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Description: The Les Ministères restaurants is just a stone's throw from the Louvre and the Orsay museum. There has been a restaurant here since 1919 and the table layout with booths and banquettes dates from 1977. The food is always based on what is available in the markets: plates of oysters, fish and green bean tajine, steak tartar made to order... The chef changes the menu according to his mood and current fashions!
Lake City
“Les Mnisteres, Paris”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2012

Had a great time and a great meal at this restaurant. Food was delicious, as was the wine, and the waiters were very friendly and entertaining. Loved finding this place in our neighborhood.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank CarolyninLakeCity

philly
“Warning! Avoid unless you like mice!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2012

My husband and I had the misfortune of picking this restaurant which looks great on the outside! Don't be deceived! First the food was horrible. They gave us two hard, stale bread rolls to start. My husbands steak was totally burned on the outside and bloody on the inside. My fish dish came with a beige lumpy blob that looked like mash....but wasn't. I have no idea what it was because the smell of it turned my stomach. And to top it all off my husband warned me not to panic but he just saw a mouse run across the floor! This creature then ran across tables that were set up with wine glasses and bowls of nuts! The staff seemed completely oblivious! Is this normal in Paris?! The waiters seem to think so. One made a comment about how his mother is also afraid of mice!!! WHAT THE!!! My husband and I were disgusted and angry. The staff tried to apologise and then I guess to make the situation better in their minds came out of the kitchen with two glasses of champagne! Honestly....like we would dare eat anything else there after seeing a mouse run across their glasses! I wish I was a French citizen because I wanted to call the police or the French dept. of health. I'm sure this type of place is not acceptable to decent French citizens! They are able to stay open because of unsuspecting tourist like my husband and I. THE PLACE SHOULD BE SHUT DOWN! Sorry I'm very upset! Thanks for listening to my rant and YOU'VE BEEN WARNED!

• Visited July 2012
3 Thank ejbPhilly
Orleans, Massachusetts
“Convenient and very good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2012

We were really pleased with our dinner at Les Ministeres. The restaurant is conveniently located to Hotel Montelambert. Service was outstanding, and food was definitely better than average, with good selections and presentation. We agreed that we would dine there again, and again ;)

Visited June 2012
2 Thank Rebecca47
San Francisco Bay Area
“Good food, fun decor, good service, tres sharp!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2012

During a fairly recent week in Paris, we as usual asked our concierge for his recommendations for good nearby eats -- we stay at a Left Bank hotel in the Quais Voltaire. On past visits, the concierge had picked real winners for us, after we said we wanted to eat with Parisians, not with tourists. This time out, his first suggestion was Les Ministeres, and he said he could call for us but reservations probably were not needed.

We (my lady, her mom, a good friend, and myself) wandered the 3 blocks up the Rue de Bac, found the large but quiet restaurant easily, and were seated immediately -- despite the lack of a reservation. The decor was pleasantly lit, mirrored, expansive, fun, but each booth or table felt reasonably private.

Service was quietly attentive and generally quick without feeling at all stuffy. Parisian waiters can spot non-French a mile away, and some can be haughty if you dare to try out your French. Les Ministeres' waiters insisted on using their fairly good English, but were friendly about it and accepted our occasional forays into French.

The menu was fairly broad and typical French/euro fare; appetizers included: Gaspacho, Salmon Tartare, melon and prosciutto, caprese salad, Lemon Haddock, a layered eggplant/tomato salad, Duck Liver Terrine, anissed sardines, smoked salmon plate, and the inevitable but always-reliable nicoise (tuna) salad plate.

Mains included: Crusted Cod with a tapenade, Beef Tartare served with your preferred add-ons, balsamic caramelized duck, poached prawns in an aioli, raspberry-glazed veal liver, broiled lamb with honey and almonds, rotisseried veal with mustard glaze, sirloin steak with baked greens, bearnaised Chateaubriand, vegetarian ravioli, a spinach, ham, green bean, and crisped-onion salad, and a dinner-sized order of the anissed sardine dish.

There were at least 9 desserts available, and your choice of coffee or tea beverages.

EVERYTHING was very tasty, very fresh, well-prepared and fun -- we sampled each others' dishes. It was good enough that we chose to go back another night during our visit, and weren't disappointed! Appetizers averaged about 10 euros, mains about 20 euros, desserts 8-9 euros.

Check out their sample menu at www.lesministeres.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=4&Itemid=6

• Visited June 2011
2 Thank StoneyBaroque
Sao Paulo, SP
“Good for lunch at Rive Gauche Paris”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2012

It is an old restaurant with traditional Parisien food and a nice belle epoque decoration from early 20th Century. It is near the Muaseum D'Orsay at Rue du Bac. Prices are very reasonable and service is good.

Visited May 2012