“Love the food and ambience”

Mama Paris Restaurant
Reserve with
Mama Paris Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,969 of 17,598 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: Diner, Delicatessen, French
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: A restaurant with a simple and delicious cuisine to enjoy amongst family, friends, a "Chic-Chic" bar and lounge, a pizzeria and a cozy, romanic terrace where you will surely cross paths with American poets, Japanese painters or Latin American authors.
Reviewed February 18, 2014

Second time I had dinner here at Mama Shelter. The restaurant design and ambience is absolutely one of my favorite spots I have ever eaten. Quality of the food is good. We shared a plate of smoked salmon with toast which was absolutely delicious and for main course the sea bass and Angus steak definitely lived up to our expectations. Price:quality ratio for Paris very good! The only downside was that we had to wait for 20 minutes before one of the waitresses brought the menu and asked for drinks, and they seemed to be a bit in a hurry during the evening. I loved the fact that we could have dinner in cool ambience, then a few drinks at the restaurant bar (which is in the middle of the spot) and then just go upstairs to our room.
Tip: do make a reservation on Fridays and weekend.

Reviewed February 2, 2014

Stayed at this hotel for two nights for the England France rugby match with my wife .
The hotel is chic, quirky modern and so much more than your standard hotel.
The hotel is situated in a pleasant district about 15 mins walk or so to metro for central paris, we shared a taxi in from the airport.
The staff are superb really friendly and helpful, the rooms are very comfy with trendy touches which make it great fun. The bar / restaurant seemed like the place where the young and fashionable parisians went for the night , totally packed but fantastic with a DJ just fab.
One night we ate at 11pm but is was no problem and the food was really good quality which when considering how busy they were was impressive .
The staff in the restaurant are wonderful , rushed off their feet but amazing .
A real find !!!

Reviewed January 26, 2014

At the first glance it looks like a charming place with lots of character. It is cosy, original and the pizzas are quite good. Unfortunately the place is without a doubt understaffed for a Saturday night. Although the hostess tried her best to make the experience less chaotic, the waiters ruined all the her efforts. Particularly a waiter with a big beard who was particularly rude.
They took our order wrong, an hour to bring us the food and we had to literally beg for the check.
As a foreigner in Paris I can say that this restaurant gathers all the Parisian stereotypes. The waiters are -very-smelly, rude and incompetent. I assure you that French service is not always like that!

1  Thank the1travelreviewer
Reviewed December 29, 2013

On the advice of a Parisian, we had dinner at Mama Shelter on Christmas Eve. We were very glad that we made this choice! The service was great, the food was excellent, and the atmosphere was lots of fun! All in all, it turned out to be the perfect choice for my wife's birthday celebration. We would definitely have dinner here again!

Reviewed December 24, 2013

Two colleagues had recommended this restaurant/bar and although it was quite far out from central Paris I decided to see what all the fuss was about. On arrival the staff were friendly and the atmosphere was laid back yet quite "trendy". I was worried it would be hyped up and pretentious but it wasn't the impression I got at all. We had some drinks at the bar while waiting, they weren't cheap but were what you would expect from a popular place like this. The food was very good, I had the fish and my wife had a generous portion of mussels (so much so she couldn't finish them!).

The only small gripe I have is that I left it until the last minute to book a table, only phoning a few hours before we wanted to eat. The helpful member of staff on the line said she would fit us in at 7pm if we finished by 8:30pm and we agreed. However when it got to 8:30pm it certainly didn't seem like it was full up, so it did make me wonder why we were pressured to leave on time, but then we should have really booked ahead.

Overall it was worth a visit and my wife loved the atmosphere and decor.