“Good Food, Strange Place”
Review of Gi'Raf Le Resto - CLOSED

Gi'Raf Le Resto
Cuisines: Gastropub
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Opera / Bourse
Reviewed November 20, 2013

We stopped in here before a Moulin Rouge show at 11pm. The food was actually very good. The atmosphere is a little strange though. I couldn't actually tell if I was at the right place at first because the reviews were so good, but the decor was strange. There is a strangely dressed mannequin behind the bar- seems like it should be at a casual trendy bar. The other patrons at the restaurant varied- most casually dressed (we were dressed up for the show). The escargot was fabulous, but I was tasting that garlic for days! The dessert sampler was also wonderful- and good presentation too!

1  Thank Mika2808

Reviewed October 29, 2013

A very small and popular place. If you want to get a seat without reservation, head there early! They are very welcoming with well cooked french food. I recommend the escargo and the duck confit!

1  Thank CW20871288
Reviewed September 20, 2013

I was referred to this restaurant by a friend back home and I was not disappointed. Adorable ambiance, extremely friendly staff and the food... Wow, the food was perfect. Foie Gras with onion marmalade, escargot, and for the entree my friend order the beef rare and med rare, both tender and full of flovor. I have now been in Paris for two weeks and still have not found anything close to this first night. We were a large party and accomadated easily, ask for a wine reccomandations for your meal and don't forget dessert! I will definitely be back before I leave!

2  Thank Knicque
Reviewed September 20, 2013

We were going to the late show at the Moulin Rouge and wanted to have leisurely meal that was “French” and not international. We found it and were welcomed by Le Patron and made to feel special even though we do not speak French. The menu was excellent and the young waiter was attentive and informative without being condescending.
The food was excellent served promptly but we were not rushed. The wine list is extensive and reasonably priced, the whole meal experience was just what we were looking for.
We will return

1  Thank Seddon12
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Our 'Paris Wine Day Tour' guide Jean-Bernard suggested that we go here after asking him for a recommendation. We found the place charming, friendly and the food was well-prepared, fresh and tasty. It was a quiet night at the restaurant so we were very well attended by the courteous young waiter and made to feel very special. The prices are very reasonable and the place is only a few minutes walk from the Moulin Rouge but feels like a million miles from the busyness of that area.

1  Thank Felicity57