“Great little place”
Review of J J

J J
Reserve with
J J is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #644 of 17,611 Restaurants in Paris
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 22, 2013

Stumbled across this place by chance when staying at nearby hotel for work. Very friendly service makes this feel like a very "local" neighbourhood restaurant in the provinces, not the heart of Paris. Excellent steak and a fantastic terrine to start. Great, short wine list.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

Not only the food is more than good and distinguish but the atmosphere is sweet, cool but always elegant. The owner is welcoming the guest like if each of them were his very best friend. Here, nothing is really impossible as long as you have a smile on your face and you love good food. Most of the clients know the other ones and you can quite fast be involved in discussion with friendly "inconnus". Real people, real food, real good time. Don't hesitate. I have been there 4 times and never disappointed.

Downside: if you like fake people, cuisine of the world, fashion places, avoid this restaurant. Here, everything is around food, real products, friendship and good wine !

My tonight menu :

Terrine Maison à l'ancienne
T-bone de cote de veau poelée accompagnée de sa farandole de légumes
Pruneaux à la vielle prune de Souillac
Vin : Chateau Moulin Riche - Saint Julien

Carl

1  Thank Philippe C
Reviewed February 7, 2013 via mobile

Wonderful and friendly place with very good food, very good wine and outstanding atention with the costumer. A intimist and pleaseant place where you will find a real french atmosphere.

Reviewed February 5, 2013

Slightly dissappointed with my starter, the leek tart, which looked as if it had just been warmed through the microwave...came very quickly after ordering. The steak was terrific in a blue cheese sauce and lovely mash potato together with a nice glass of red. Beautiful profiteroles to finish drenched in hot choc sauce. A very nice overall experience though at 68 euro, I thought it a little pricey.

1  Thank JPHWatford
Reviewed January 21, 2013

I was introduced to the J. J Restaurant by people that lived in the area while I was visiting on business. The restaurant was comfortable with a reasonable menu selection. Daily specials were handwritten on chalk boards and we were quickly greeted and seated by our hostess/waitress upon our arrival. The owner/cook came out to greet us and was obviously happy to welcome us to his establishment. When the owner and waitress found my French was limited to "Bonjour", they quickly switched to English and helped me explore the options on thier menu.

At one point while ordering I asked for an option that was no longer available. When I found out it wasn't available, I moved on an ordered something else although it must have been obvious that I was disappointed. Without saying anything to me, the owner went back in the kitchen and a few minutes later, they brought out a small but perfect serving of the item I had wanted to try. They explained they had been almost completely out of the main item used in the side dish, but for me, they found what they did have still in the back and prepared the dish so that I could try it.

The steak I tried was perfectly cooked with a crisp outside and a pink but not bloody inside. (They really listened and prepared it just the way I wanted, not just giving me the standard choice of rare, medium, or well-done.) Appetizers were attractive, tasty, and definately represented good French cooking. The restaurant suggested wine that would "coordinate" with the food and everything came together to make the dining experience a very pleasent one.

While I could easily see a family or a couple dining here, it is also business appropriate.

1  Thank Jennifer B