“Friendly service, good food”
Review of La Petaudiere

La Petaudiere
Ranked #13,529 of 17,515 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French, Pizza
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Montmartre
Reviewed May 6, 2013

My wife and I stumbled upon this restaurant while visting the area. We decided to get off the beaten path a bit and away from the high-priced tourist cafes. I'm glad we did. The service was friendly and efficient. In fact, this was one of the few times where the wait staff actually stopped and talked to us about our visit to Paris and France. I used my best attempt at French to converse. I found the server's attitude to be very upbeat and positive. As for the food, I really enjoyed my price fixe menu for lunch, beginning with an absolutely delicious bowl of French Onion Soup, followed by a perfect pizza, and two smooth scoops of Chocolate and Vanilla Ice Cream. I accompanied my meal with one of my few beers on the trip, rather than wine. My wife had a burger with an egg on top and fries. Her burger was a bit rare for her tastes, but we discovered that burgers are served quite rare whereever we went in France, even when requested well-done. We had a great relaxing time here between sightseeing and shopping. The accompanying piano was a really nice touch. Unfortunately, knowing I was paying by credit card, I only had a few Euros in my pocket that I wanted to provide our server as extra, so I didn't have a tip for the pianist. Had I had the spare change, I would have tipped him as well for his efforts. C'est Bon La Petaudiere. Merci Beaucop!

1  Thank DaveEB310
There are newer reviews for La Petaudiere

Reviewed April 15, 2013

Over-priced, brusk service, surly managers lurking around, this place is not a good choice. This seemed like some kind of mid eastern/russian mafia joint as 3 policemen came in, an overdressed manager suddenly appeared and chatted with them about some issue and then, all of a sudden, the police were served coffee. Dodgy at best. Prices were way out of control as we found out, unfortunately. The only redeeming feature was an outstanding piano player. Don't make the mistake to come in here as there are many other good choices in the area. Not recommended.

9  Thank MaineTravel50
Reviewed March 22, 2013

After visiting the very beautiful Sacre Coeur we fancied a drink and a crepe. Whilst deciding between this place and the one opposite the waiter encouraged us to come in so we did. Once we sat down we mentioned that we only wanted a drink - it's was 5.45 and there were loads of empty tables - at this point his whole attitude changed and he had to go off to find out if we could stay! I wish we'd left at this point because when the bill came we'd been charged €12 for a pint of draft lager and €6 for half a pint. Talk about ripping off the tourists. You have been warned.

4  Thank Susanna234
Reviewed February 25, 2013

In three days in Paris, restaurants were not my first priority, but just necessity. On my last night I happen to be on Montmartre. After a great view of the sunset I was walking around to find a place for a cup of tea. The sounds of live music caught my attention. After I stepped in, I realized that want to stay here longer. Besides tea I ordered Chief salad - G-d, it was good and nourishing! But the separate story is a piano man: great selection, wonderful performance. The great final chord to my Paris stay.

1  Thank Irina0404
Reviewed January 25, 2013

The restaurant looks very nice and typical. Once inside the waiters want you to take the most expensive menu. We had the cheapest day menu with a onion soupe, chicken + french fries/pizza. The onion soupe was disgusting and we and even our neighbors didn't finished it. The chicken + french fries were ok but it was a really small plate and definitely not enough. The pizza was eatable but not good. In fact nobody asked us if we had a good lunch. This restaurant is definitely just focused on money and tourists and they don't care at all about quality. The only positiv thing in the restaurant was the pianist - he played very well.

2  Thank Tiziana C