“Good value fixed price menu--but not haute cuisine”
Review of La Citrouille

La Citrouille
Reserve with
Save up to 40% when you reserve online *
La Citrouille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2,298 of 18,475 Restaurants in Paris
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Saint-Germain-des-Pres
Description: A nice restaurant in St Germain des Pres with homemade food and very good quality.
Reviewed October 13, 2013

I visited this restaurant in late September 2013. I ordered off the fixed price menu and had the Boeuf Bourguignon plate. The food tasted good and the portion size was fine. I had the creme caramel dessert which was not particularly good. The greatest distraction for me was that several of the wait staff were positioned at the doorway or outside in the small street "trolling" for customers--to their credit, it was done in a polite and friendly fashion, nonetheless, it was somewhat off-putting and took away from the overall experience.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

They offer fixed priced menus that are astonishingly good for the quality of the food and the service in this location that looks a bit touristic. You can also order open wine in small quantities which is not always the case in restaurants that offer an non-expensive menu. Highly recommended for people who want to eat French and not spend too much money for it.

1  Thank German_Couple_54
Reviewed September 12, 2013

When you walk down this small street of Gregoire de tours you will undoubtedly meet Eva.This Vibrant woman said You are in front of the best Restaurant in Paris.......We walked on a bit but returned because her Passion came through and sur enough.She is so atypical of the Restaurant owners waiting outside their Restaurants she makes you feel home..The decoration is quaint French style and very warm.10 Aussies out for dinner.The duck breast was yummy and the cream brulee was the best.The lamp chops melted in the mouth,The cheese Fondue very tasty....This was our best Restaurant experience in Paris.Would we go back,;;;;For sure on our next trip to Paris

1  Thank david r
Reviewed September 11, 2013

A nice restaurant with nice people and very good food what else a tourist can ask;;;;;;The onion tarte still have tha taste in my mouth and all the rest was fantastic...for sure we will go back again..

Reviewed August 4, 2013

I wish I could recall the name of our server as he was a huge asset and part of our experience there. The prices were excellent, the prix fixe menus offered all the classics you could want, and the quality was wonderful. My 10 year old son says the stuffed mussels were one of the best things he's ever eaten! I really can't say enough good things about the food, service, ambience, location, etc... Highly recommend it!

2  Thank ACH2812