“Delicious Tunisian”

Chez Jaafar
Ranked #503 of 16,971 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: Moroccan, Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, Tunisian
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Quartier Latin
Paris, France
“Delicious Tunisian”
Reviewed May 5, 2014

I found Chez Jaafar by accident, and what a fortunate accident for me! The end of the lunch hour was approaching, but I was still served quickly and with a smile. The food was excellent--I had not had Tunisian cuisine before, but I was assured it was close to Moroccan which I knew I liked. I ordered the plat for the day. The soup was robust and filling. The couscous perfect; the meatballs so tasty; and the stewed vegetables cooked perfectly. The young lady who was taking care of me was pleasant and very helpful with her descriptions. I did not feel rushed, even though the lunch hour was over by the time I finished my meal. I intend to visit Chez Jaafar again before I leave Paris.

• Visited May 2014

Des Moines, Iowa
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Tunisian”
Reviewed April 29, 2014

My wife and I are in Paris for just a few days and chose to return Chez Jaafar after dining there our first night. After a terribly bland and expensive dining experience last night, we decided to have our last meal in Paris at Chez Jaafar--it was a perfectly lovely evening with the delicious food we anticipated having, the warm atmosphere, and friendly service.
We were directed there by a friend, a life-long resident of Paris, and an excellent chef herself.
Not surprising that this this family owned restaurant has been successful since 1982.
Couscous Mouton and Couscous House Specialty!

• Visited April 2014
Farnborough
“Go Mediterranean!!”
Reviewed April 12, 2014

This visit was the third I've made, and quite honestly a visit to Paris without a meal here would not be complete. The Brik à l'oeuf was lovely as ever, and the cous-cous au poulet was just as satisfying as it's ever been. Service was prompt and happy, even though it was absolutely "humming" with people turning up and having to wait for tables.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Jack R
Central Coast California
“First time for everything!”
Reviewed February 21, 2014

We were looking for another restaurant that my husband had looked up. We were famished but when we arrived it had closed until dinner as were other restaurants. As we were on our way to return to our hotel room and quite truthfully contemplating a run to the Big M, we saw this restaurant with its lights on. Upon opening the door, we saw one table of diners finishing up. We thought they too were probably waiting for them to leave so they could also close until dinner.

To our surprise, the waitress assured us we could come in and eat. We were the only people in the restaurant. We had never eaten Tunisian food before and were excited to try it. It was delicious. My favorite dish, I believed was called Jafaar's assortment salad. It is a green salad with a potatoe-parsley- fried egg mix fried in phyllo dough. It was incredible.

Not only was the food good, the waitress was friendly. She answered our questions about the food and some other questions I had in general.

It was very cozy in the restaurant especially for a cold February day.

Thank you for staying open for us and allowing us to try Tunisian food and for the warm and friendly atmosphere.

• Visited February 2014
2 Thank labonvoyer
Paris, France
“A great place !!!”
Reviewed January 30, 2014

I had a great time chez Jaafar ! the food was really good and the owners gave us a warm welcome !Tony

• Visited January 2014