“never again”

Ranked #9,986 of 17,597 Restaurants in Paris
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Le Marais
Reviewed January 27, 2014

We went eating there on the 26th of January. There were not that much people in the restaurant and a quiet a lot of tabes were not occupied nevertheless we received the slowest service ever. As an aperitif I ordered a Hendrickx Gin. The waitress brought me a kind of Manadarine Napoleon ?!?
She excused herself for the mistake. After complaining about the slow service they brought us the starter after three quarters of an hours. Little detail, they still didn't brought me the aperitif.
For main dish I had some 'belle entrecote' with french fries and béarnaise at 39 euro. Cuisson was ok. French fries were terrible (weak and not crunchy at all) so we gave them back. Bearnaise sauce was even more terrible, lukewarm, almost cold and pappy. So we gave them back as well. They pretended the béarnaise sausage was homemade but I'm quiet sure it was artificial made with some powder. Never never again. Waste of time and money !

1  Thank woehaaa

Reviewed January 1, 2014

Having read some pretty favorable reviews, we headed here for breakfast a few days ago: what a disappointment. My daughter went for the eggs Benedict. The were served in a sea of poorly constructed bearnaise and the eggs were well under-cooked, and all a bit cold when presented. YUK. We had the €13.50 petit dejeuner formula and went for the tartines, which were very nice. The coffees were below average, and the OJ was additional cost. The whole lot was €66 for four of us. Saving the worst for last: service in France is never great but this was just atrocious. Having been ignored for about 15 mins, we were then treated like an annoyance. They really were more interested in doing other things and preparing for the rest of the day. Shame about the customers!
Take my advice: there is a much better experience waiting for you just 500 meters down rue Saint Antoine at Miss Manon, a really good Boulangerie that is very popular with the locals. Petit dejeuner for €10.50 including freshly squeezed OJ and delicious food and coffee.

Reviewed December 21, 2013

First I have to say that I have no idea what the reviewer before me is on about. One of the many excellent things we found when dining here was the service. We had two waiters serving us and they were charm itself. The decor is modern and stylish with a several different dining areas. We were seated in a little corner banquet. Perfect! We stumbled on this place quite by accident and from the minute we walked into the lobby we were sure we were on to a winner. The only other thing to talk about was the food. I had one of the best, if not very best starter I have eaten anywhere. It consisted of lovely slices of raw salmon, marinated in a light, slightly sweet, slightly tangy japanese marinade sprinkled with the finest chopped herbs and tiny pieces of cauliflower, broccoli and slices of radish so thin as to be translucent. Exceptional. My husbands starter was the polar opposite of mine in that it was simplicity itself. Radishes with butter and sea salt. It was presented as you would only find in France. A large bunch of bright and crunchy red radishes, complete with there stalks and leaves, on a wooden platter with a little pad of tarragon butter and salt to dip them in. Mains were fantastic as well. My husband had a dish that consisted a bowl of light as air meatballs topped with thin slices of raw vegetables. This was then topped with a beautiful, intensely flavoured broth at the table that "cooked" the the veg. Light and delightful. I plumped for the veal onglet which arrived with a side of perfectly cooked frites. Heavenly. There was also a good choice of well selected wines available by the glass. We couldn't help but watch the food being delivered to nearby tables. Each dish that passed by looked better than the last…..Portions were so generous we could not bring ourselves to order dessert, but those we spied looked indulgent, enormous and we regretted not having the room. This will be a definite stop for us on future visits to Paris.

Reviewed November 3, 2013

Don't evner think of going there. Service The slowest in France. We have Been there once, 3 november 2013, and Will never return

2  Thank Gunnar D
Reviewed September 6, 2013

In front of Place de la Bastille this rest has recently been redesigned with Art Deco touches; both the outer terrace in front of the square and the inner terrace are amongst the best and most coveted in paris right now.