“Uninspiring but adequate”
Review of Delice De L'Inde

Delice De L'Inde
Reserve with
Save up to 50% when you reserve online *
Delice De L'Inde is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5,862 of 17,863 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Just as the name in french Delice de Linde means Taste of India, walking distance from Metro ROME line 2 is well known for its flavoured Indian spices ,service,Quality,Quantity,Correct price. Its a ideal place to taste all indian food and rest you will discover the reasons that why this restaurant is known as one of the best indian restaurant in paris.
Reviewed February 1, 2012

My hosts brought me here the first night I arrived in Paris, after some discussion of what to enjoy in the culinary capital of the world. Well, after such rhetoric about how you can get any cuisine you wish prepared impeccably in the City of Lights, I must say I felt rather let down by what I got. My hosts spent a good half hour driving around the neighborhood before they could find anywhere somewhat nearby to park. Fortunately, they had made a reservation and when we got into the restaurant, we were seated immediately. The ambiance of the restaurant itself is quite pleasant, with lots of colorful Indian fabrics and tapestries, candlelight to complement the dimmed lights, paintings, and a television playing Bollywood music videos. As many other reviewers have indicated, the service is gracious and friendly, which can be in short supply at many Parisian restaurants. I think they brought everything and cleared everything away a bit more quickly than I expected, which wasn't terrible, but felt a little rushed. I have nothing much to complain about in terms of the service, the environment, or even the prices, which were typical for your sit-down, non-Michelin-starred restaurant experience in Paris. I think my check would have come out to 22 euros or, so but my hosts had a special offer or coupon, so we paid a great deal less. However, the food itself was nothing to write home about. The cheese naan had some sort of overly unctuous, melty French cheese in it, which tasted suspiciously like Camembert. I was expecting paneer or something less... French. The onion bhaja that I ordered resembled for all the world a plate of onion rings like those that I'd find at any American diner-style restaurant. I felt that they lacked a certain seasoning in the batter and compensated for that by eating them with lots of hot pickles. There were only 3 or 4 vegetarian choices on the menu, which was disappointing for me -- as a vegetarian, I normally love to eat at Indian restaurants because there is often a considerable variety of choices for me to eat. I had a dal that was also pretty bland for my liking. It had a little spice and seasoning but not much. I could make it at home much better, and have before. I suppose that the French palate doesn't necessarily tolerate sharper, spicy tastes well, but I certainly do, and felt like I was missing something. The basmati rice was also a bit dry. Not too bad, and it soaked up my dal well, but as long as I'm being detailed here, I'll mention it. It could be that we were there on an "off" evening, or that they noted my American accent (I did order in French, but hey, it's hard to lose your accent completely) and thought they should tone down the spices for me. I'm not sure. It was okay, and I wouldn't say to stay away. I just wish I'd been a little more assertive about wanting more flavorful food. However, I was jet-lagged and didn't want to make a big fuss. I doubt I'll make a point to go back when I return to Paris again, though. If I'm going to pay the prices you pay for sit-down dining in Paris, I want something "more:" more flavorful, more exceptional service, more generously-sized portions, more something...

Reviewed September 9, 2011

I have only ever used my credit card once in a shop or restaurant and it was here.
They quickly take your card from your view for 5 seconds and hey! surprise! 4 months later my bank tells me I have over £600 worth of transactions coming from France while I'm in England.
DO NOT GO HERE!

3  Thank F H
Reviewed July 24, 2011

Based on the recommendations on this site we chose this restaurant because where we live in Scotland we have many award winning restaurants which we use on a regular basis. We were looking forward to experiencing what Paris has to offer in the way of Indian cuisine.

We were shown to a table outside which was nice but for smokers and both my husband and myself are non smokers but we weren't asked. We order seekh kebab and chicken tikka to start my husbands seekh was ok but my chicken tikka consisted of three chicken part. thighs. We ordered chicken korma and chicken Kashmiri and when they arrived this also was chicken thigh the nan bread was smaller than a chapati and we left feeling deflated.

The meal came to 46€ and what we had could have been made for less than 10€. We are comparing this to the service and quality we expect back home. If a meal like this was served at any restaurant in Scotland it would ve handed back.

I can assume that the pilot that recommended this has never been to Scotland and if he gets the chance of a stopover he should take it and see what real Indian restaurants are like.

1  Thank msmileco
Reviewed June 14, 2011

Excellent address to taste Indian food, I being by proffession a Pilot and hence travel a lot and knows very well whats a indian kitchen is , yesterday I just pass in and had there poulet tikka masala ,garlic nan, riz basmati with peas and onion, with half bottel of Indian red wine,,,, Fabolusss ,,,, its been long time I had a good indian food in this small delice de linde restaurant. I recomend everybody specialy Brithish , this restaurant..I give all 5 stars,*****

11  Thank MARTINALFRED
Reviewed January 14, 2011

Food prepared by ex-chef of Meridien Hotel in New Delhi. Haven't been to that hotel but I have been to New Delhi and the food at this restaurant brought back good memories of my trip there.

I have eaten there 3 times in the past few months. I would recommend the beef vindaloo (spicy or not depending on your preference - I like it hot-hot), aloo gobi (cauliflower and potatoes), palek paneer (spinach and cheese), vegetarian biryani and to wash it all down order a mango lassi (yogurt drink). I also like to order the cheese nan. Ok, I never saw them served in India but I think they're tasty even if they're not authentic India fare.

In addition to French, all the servers speak fluent English. The decor is typical India restaurant decor: artwork with buddha, elephants, cloths adorning the walls and colourful curtains with sequins.

End your scrumptious meal with a Chai masala (Chai tea).

11  Thank nouglytourist