“decent fast food meal”

Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: Odeon / Saint-Michel
Reviewed October 24, 2014

If you are in a hurry you can try the gyros at Meteora.I am not a fan of fast food,but this place serves a decent meal.Fast ,clean and worth every penny.

Reviewed May 2, 2014 via mobile

There are a number of Greek restaurants around this part of the Latin Quarter, but we chose this one for its live Greek music and we're looking forward to a good time with perhaps some singing and dancing, reminiscent of our many wonderful trips to Greece. The food was just OK, and the bouzooki player quite accomplished, but there was a certain air among the staff which I would describe as gloomy nervousness. It was not until we started on our moussaka that it began to make sense. The restaurant owner, Giorgos, appeared and drew up a seat at our table, plopping himself down in between me and my wife. He was age 76, wore only a lower denture (no top teeth) and looked like he'd just come off his fishing boat in samos. He proceeded to spout an endless litany of complements to my wife about how beautiful he is and how he wanted to run away with her, grabbing her arms and trying to drag her off ( so much he left bruises). Apparently he planted a kiss on her lips when I wasn't looking. We'll I'm not one to hit an old man, but I admit I was a bit slow to realize that this wasn't a friendly joke, the guy was actually demented. My wife for her part couldn't understand what the old fella was saying in Greek, and wasn't sure how to react appropriately. Had she understood, the guy would've got a stern slap on the face and probably a boot to what was left of his manhood. I finally got rid of him after about 20 minutes, by which time the moussaka was cold and we couldn't wait to get out of there never to return. I did feel sorry for the staff who said he does this all the time, but he's the boss so they feel powerless. I'm sure the place would get a lot more business if Giorgo helped with the cooking instead of treating his guests like potential ménage a trios prospects..

1  Thank stambo_nz
Reviewed April 27, 2014

Ignore the negative reviews, the service was quick and the food perfectly good. We were staying nearby and lured in partly by the offer of a free drink, but also by the food on show, and glad to say the food served looked and tasted just as good

Reviewed April 21, 2014

When we arrive, there seem to be difficulties in having us seated: first we have to wait standing (50% of tables unoccupied), then are seated to a table, then redirected to another, and another, for no readily apparent reason.
Finally seated, we eventually place our orders: and wait. After one hour, with no news from the cuisine, we try and beg for some information. The cathegorical answer is: "The Chef is just one, and you are so many" (there are seven of us, not forty): OK, back to the waiting.
After one other half an hour we are definitely hungry and angry, and start motioning as to go away. Magic! the food starts pouring out of the kitchen.
I will not talk about my friend's food (I know they are writing their own comments). Personally, I ordered "faux-fillet au poivre". Now, let me state that I am not particular. I have served in the Army, I have travelled all around the world for decades, I have strong professional notions concerning what is fit for human alimentation and what is not: never seen anything like this.
I send it immediately back to the cuisine: no explanation, no substitution, no apology; just the mere information that the price of the so-called fillet will be scraped from my bill. In this grim and rather unfriendly context, an old and presumably drunk gentleman (the Patron I assume) keeps on grabbing by the wrist a couple of ladies from our party, in order to invite them to some ethnic dance.
To conclude: when you go to an ethnic restaurant in the Quartier Latin on Easter Eve you're entitled to some tourist-trap stuff, and you know it: let say, you accept a kind of bargain between bad food and high prices on one side, and a cheerful environment and a good location on the other. However, a line should be drawn somewhere: and this place is far, far beyond the line.

Reviewed November 4, 2013

On busy Rue De La Huchette - with a smooth guy standing in doorway trying to entice diners - we were staying close by - very tired after long day and the locations suited our needs.

Very efficient service - very palatable moussaka accompanied by a bottle of house wine.

Have travelled throughout Greece - in general Greek food is not fine dining but essential comfort food - our experience matched that !