“Decent”

Ranked #8,801 of 18,357 Restaurants in Paris
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 15, 2013

Just had a quick bite here for lunch and the food was so-so. Perhaps would be more interesting to try out more of their dishes in future.

Reviewed November 20, 2013

We only went here to kill time until our restaurant opened down the street. We knew the ratings were poor, but just wanted drinks. Even that was hard to get. We sat waiting at our table forever before someone finally took the order for drinks. We didn't even want to wait around for them to process our credit card- we just left the money for the drinks and walked out. They pack way too many people into this place for it to even be comfortable. We sat inside, but maybe the outside had better service- unlikely. Most of the reviews of this place are pretty spot on.

Reviewed November 7, 2013

My husband and I had a crepe suzette & cappuccino at Le Carrousel after visiting the Sacre Coeur. It was a great experience! The young staff was SO very friendly, accommodating, and were working very hard. I actually was going to tell them how great they all seemed to work together and how obvious it was that they cared about the restaurant's success but they were very busy and I didn't want to delay them any more. The other customers seemed very pleased and the staff's english was great. I will definitely make sure to return when we are back in Paris!

1  Thank Méryl D
Reviewed October 24, 2013

My adult daughter and I were in Montmartre on Sunday, Oct. 20 looking for a place to have lunch. It took about 35 minutes to take our order, and almost an hour to receive our food. The pizza I ordered was warm, not hot, and must have been sitting on the counter before it was brought to the table after we asked (in French) about our food.

1  Thank Doralynn
Reviewed October 24, 2013

I was over in Paris staying at the Normandy hotel nearby Le Carrousel Bar Brasserie. After walking around for a while by myself, I decided to head back to the hotel. Since Le Carrousel was nearby, I popped in. There was a menu on the table, so I helped myself. My server made contact with me and assured me he would be back. After about 7minutes of watching him hurriedly serve the other tables outside, I asked the gentl65emen behind the bar for service. He said "your waiter doesn't know what he's doing". After placing in my order, my waiter brought it out shortly. I had received a dirty glass, so I opt to drink my water straight from the bottle. Especially since the next glass that was brought out was a weird smelling. The fries seemed to be hot, but perhaps they were sitting around for a while. Because they did not seem fresh. However the side salad and roasted chicken were yummy. I ate rather fast (I was done within 15 minutes), I asked the gentlemen behind the bar for my check. A couple came by shortly after, and purchased two sodas from him. So 10 minutes later I am looking around for my waiter or a sign of the gentleman with my check. 2 minutes later I asked the gentleman again for my check. He seem bothered by it, and with a attitude went to print it out and said a few things to my waiter. Obviously if one person is busy, it should not be an issue to help your fellow co worker/employee out. But for some reason that is not how they felt. I received my check FINALLY. And tipped accordingly. The total for poulet roasted (roasted chicken w/thyme and a bottle of water) was 15 euros. I did enjoy a decent view of people walking by. But if you are looking for good or even decent service with a pleasant meal DO NOT GO to Le Carrousel bar Brasserie.

1  Thank Rodelie T