“Stay away from the prawns”
Review of Il Sorrentino

Il Sorrentino
Ranked #444 of 17,155 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Tour Eiffel / Invalides
Sussex, UK
“Stay away from the prawns”
Reviewed December 4, 2012

I was not very happy with the food at this restaurant. I read the reviews and had high expectations. The prawns were VERY fishy. Seafood should never be fishy. They did not taste fresh and the flavours were all wrong. I could not eat anything after as my taste buds were very unhappy.

The service was OK, however, it was nothing special and under par compared to other restaurants.

The restaurant itself is cosy and in a nice location, however, this is not enough for me to go back.

• Visited November 2012

• Greek first
  • Turkish first
San Diego, Cal.
“Fantastic Italian with a view of the Eiffel Tower”
Reviewed November 23, 2012

We had "thanksgiving" dinner here. Saw the Eiffel Tower light up on the hour from out front. The spaghetti with cheery tomatoes and the pizzas were great. Had the house special with the grappa in the Parmesan wheel. Very good but way too rich for me. Service was typical French. Found the price to be reasonable for Paris. Will come again when I am in Paris. Check it out when you have had enough French food but want French ambience.

• Visited November 2012
Paris, France
“Great Italian”
Reviewed November 12, 2012

This is a great Italian restaurant we have visited many times. It's expensive, and pretty crowded tables, and occasionally hard to get into but worth it.

I particularly like their mixed appetizer with grilled vegetables, fried calamari, and assorted cold cuts.

They have a couple of "signature" dishes which involve burning grappa in a bowl made out of a large Parmesan wheel. While there's nothing wrong with them, I'd personally go for the veal, fish, and other non-flaming choices.

They do move you along as several people commented.

• Visited September 2012
Orlando, Florida
“Our best dinner in Paris”
Reviewed October 23, 2012

We read about this restaurant on Trip Advisor and expected a good dinner. This restaurant went way above our expectations. The service was excellent, the food divine and it was very reasonable. We started with Bruchetta,had a wonderful veal dish and two glasses of wine for 55 eu. Everyone was very friendly and the man that seated us saw that we were taking pictures of each other outside the restaurant. He came out and offered to take our picture together. My fiancee said it was the best dinner he had in his life.
If we are fortunate to go back to Paris we are going to eat there every night.

• Visited October 2012
“Rudely treated”
Reviewed October 22, 2012 via mobile

After reading the reviews we thought we couldn't go wrong. We tried to order a bottle of wine, all they gave us was a glass. We aren't "arrogant" Americans we tried to order in french the waiter looked at us like we were stupid. The food was great don't get me wrong. But then it's as if they were trying to hurry us out of the restaurant. Trying to take my wife's plate before she was done etc. I was not pleased with this restaurant.

1 Thank Swiftd