“We call it "Ferrari's, go there and find out why!"”
Review of Trastevere - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Trastevere
Neighborhood: Gobelins
Neighborhood: Gobelins
Grantham, United Kingdom
“We call it "Ferrari's, go there and find out why!"”
Reviewed November 3, 2009

I first went to this restaurant with my wife (before she was my wife) about 20 years ago. My wife was a student doing her placement in Paris and used to commute every weekend to see her from the UK. Boy, was I skint! Anyway, on one such weekend she told me she'd been to an Italian restaurant with her friend Anita, and it was nice, and reasonably priced. I love Italian food, especially authentic pizza, and we went and we liked it. Subsequently we revisited Paris many many times as we love it so much, it has great sentimental value to both of us. We tend to stay at the Hotel Rubens near Place d'italie, which is just round the corner from this restaurant. Now when we visit Paris and stay there, its almost obligatory that we go to this resaurant at least once. We've taken various sets of friends there from the UK, our German friends (who love Italy and spend lots of time there), Liz's parents, and I even celebrated my 40th Birthday in there!!
It has (or had, we've not been to Paris for a little while) loads of Ferrari memorabilia throughout the place. Last time we went, the lavatories were decorated with newspaper clippings, largely of Schumey celebrating his numerous F1 wins.
Food is good substantial traditional Italian fayre, reasonably priced and presented in quite a traditional way. In the summer the front of the restaurant opens up a bit and we've been serenaded by various street musicians (on my birthday a guy with a tuba or something like it played "happy birthday" to me from the street)!
The waiters are all friendly and helpful, and I have to say, we've always had a brilliant time there. You can tell that I am looking back through rose coloured spectacles I'm sure, but I only feel like that because of the experiences we've had there.
If you go there, write a review and tell me I was wrong and I'm just a romantic old softie.

1 Thank lizandtone