“Please avoid this place like the plague....”

La Rotonde Saint-Honore
Ranked #13,526 of 17,155 Restaurants in Paris
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Louvre / Palais-Royal
manchester
“Please avoid this place like the plague....”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

This place is owned and staffed by shameless rip off merchants that do a great disservice to their fine city. We were charged (brace yourselves) 108 euros (!) for 'grande' beers that we did not order and that were not on the menu....cut to arguments about the size we did order etc etc.

If you choose to ignore the above advise please be extremely careful about what you order and what is served... which doesn't really make for the most relaxing experience.

• Visited July 2013

• Greek first
  • Korean first
Freihung, DE
“Thieves - and NOT just the menu prices!”
Reviewed May 23, 2013

Stopped there for a late lunch with my wife and son 15 May 2013. The food was passable, if expensive (location=extortion). My son paid for the meal, but as he didn't have much cash, asked me to leave the tip. I got my wallet out and did (20%), and placed my wallet on the table. The tightness of the restaurant meant the table had to be pulled out for my wife to get ouit, and in doing so my wallet fell, unnoticed, to the floor. We were outside when a waiter came out with my wallet.
Unfortunately it was 100€ light!
When I pointed this out, another waiter stated they had cameras I could check to prove they were honest. I went back in and was passed from one person to another and the supposed manager (a woman who had been sitting at a table doing paperwork) said the camera s wouldn't cover where we had been sitting and she "knew her staff" and they would never do anything like that.
All I know is there wasn't anyone else sitting nearby; only a waiter handled the wallet; and after I paid the tip there were two 50€ bills and one 10€ in the wallet. The only bill left was the 10€ when the waiter handed it to me.
For what it's worth I would have given the waiter a reward of one of the 50€ bills, all I can do now is warn others to avoid this den of VERY dishonest people, if not thieves.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Tadbert
London, United Kingdom
“Stopped for a late night tea and desert”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

We only stopped for desert and tea after the Opera on our way back to our hotel. It's close to the Louvre museum too. The desert was good but quite pricy. Service was not exactly prompt, possibly because we visited quite late.

• Visited November 2012
Bordeaux, France
“Avoid Disappointment”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

We were staying a few blocks away from this place so this was a convenient choice. We were traveling with our two boys (4 and 3 months) so we are always looking for a place that serves dinner early, before 7:30.

After an extended search and roaming through random streets in Paris we compromised on this place. We are always looking for where locals eat and this is not it. A good sign that it's not authentic French food is when every customer in the place is speaking English, RED FLAG, LEAVE!

The service was a bit strange. The server wanted to talk quite a bit and in doing so missed a few beats. When clearing another table he placed their dirty wine glasses on our table and left them there. We didn't say anything to see if he noticed and the glasses stayed until we left. On top of that the server told us that because it was Monday the Louvre was closed so today was not so busy which he did not like. The service was long so I would not be interested to see his performance when it was busy. Furthermore, it was a Tuesday and still not very busy so no excuse really. This place is strategically located a block from the Louvre and located in between three metro stations, their business thrives on tourists!

The food was not good and expensive. Avoid this place and you will be avoiding disappointment.

• Visited April 2013
Bendigo, Australia
“La Rotonde - Good Value Breakfast”
Reviewed April 20, 2013

For under 30E my wife and I enjoyed a filling breakfast of tea/coffee orange juice, toast butter jam plus an omelette for my wife and bacon and eggs for myself. All served quickly and it was a delicious meal.

• Visited April 2013