“DO NOT VISIT”

La Rotonde des Tuileries
Ranked #13,595 of 16,854 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Louvre / Palais-Royal
“DO NOT VISIT”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2012 via mobile

?9.60 for two stale slices of bread, tasteless jam, orange juice and coffee. The food was thrown down on the table, and the waiter was completely silent as I paid the bill. Presumably he didn't want to ask whether we enjoyed the meal, as there could have been only one honest answer.

To add insult to injury, we then found delicious bagels over the road for just ?2.50.

1 Thank Edward T

• Greek first
  • Korean first
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Mediocrity”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

Mediocre food, terrible service. Avoid server Kevin if you don't want to be rushed and treated rudely.

1 Thank Erico336
Farnham, Surrey, England
“Both times were excellent”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2012

We ate here on Saturday 3rd November which was my second visit 8 months and both times were excellent. Admittedly the waiters are French and they are Parisians and if you expect anything different you shouldn't be in Paris! The first time I went was at the end of March and then again last week and both times I found the food very good. It isn't cheap, but nowhere in the heard of a capital city is going to be, least of all Paris. My friend who I went with in March had the chicken and I had the entrecote - both of us loved our meals, but this time I was with my husband and again we both enjoyed our meals and a very pleasant waiter who served us was just as you would expect; slightly standoffish to start with but a few minutes into the meal was as helpful and entertaining as any we have come across in the city I love most in the world. Some reviews seem to be the complete opposite of my experiences but I can only speak for myself and say both visits were pleasant, with good service and lovely food.

• Visited November 2012
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“AVOID THIS PLACE!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012 via mobile

Absolutely horrible experience. Tasteless and highly overpriced food (9,60EUR a pint sounds like a joke, but this is the reality of this place). Together with my friends we had the worst meal experience during our a few day stay in Paris. The service was also a subject to complain as the waiter didn't pay a proper attention to his duties. Honestly - stay away from this place.

1 Thank Pawel R
Cary, NC
“Super-friendly staff, tasteless food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2012

We grabbed a quick sandwich here before a city tour. The waiter was very friendly and accomodating, but unfortunately the sandwiches were dry and tasteless.

• Visited September 2012