“The Perfect Lunch Break”
Review of Matsuya

Matsuya
Ranked #3,815 of 17,892 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Odeon / Saint-Michel
Reviewed November 9, 2013

Four of us (two couples) stumbled on this restaurant around 11:45 on a Monday in early November. We slipped in and were immediately served---and the place filled to capacity with locals over the next 30 minutes. The food was very good, the prices were reasonable, and the service was attentive and polite.

Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

Read reviews and decided to give it a try. I was definitely disappointed, This was very mediocre sushi.
That said it's pretty cheap so value is not bad. Also service was good.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

Tried this place after reading reviews - also it was very close to where we were staying. The place does a brisk trade in both take always and eating in. We found the food fresh and tasty. We ordered a 'menu' meal each which came with miso soup, cabbage salad and rice accompanying your choice of meal. Prices are very reasonable for this busy, touristy part of paris - 8 -16 euro approx. unlike other Evie's we didn't consider the place shabby at all. Service was very polite, very efficient and eager to please.

1  Thank travellers408
Reviewed April 16, 2013 via mobile

Came here because the place was close and other reviews good. A doog experience. The food is basic Japanese, but the ingredients are fresh, service really friendly and extremely fast. Only complaint is bit too large rice balls in sushi. Value for money is unbelievably good. Too bad that the decor is a bit shabby and seems to turn away potential customers.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

My husband, daughter and I ate at Matsuya last night and overall, it was a good experience. The food was good and they were very helpful with vegetarian items (2 of our party don't eat meat or fish). I had the tempura and brochettes menu. The tempura was good, not great, but the brochettes were cold when they arrived, and only 4 of the 5 were served. They brought the last one out later and placed it on my plate. The first four brochettes were all very tasty, but would have been greatly improved by being hot. The last one was hot, but odd (beef with cheese inside at a Japanese restaurant?). My husband had vegetable sushi and my daughter had vegetable tempura and both enjoyed their meals. Overall, it was good and I would go back there again.

1  Thank CSpringsDeb