“A big let down”
Review of Colonel Moustache

Colonel Moustache
Reserve with
Save up to 50% when you reserve online *
Colonel Moustache is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,587 of 18,475 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Tour Eiffel / Invalides
Reviewed August 27, 2014

During a recent visit to Paris, end of July, my partner & I returned to this Bistrot due to fond memories of the food and service we'd enjoyed here previously. First, the restaurant was completely empty when we arrived for the lunch-time service. This set off faint alarm bells. The
internal warnings should have been stronger because we could see that two neighbouring cafés/restaurants were doing a brisk trade while our chosen bistrot was not. Casting caution aside we sat down and ordered the duck confit. The duck was very dry and seemed to have been warmed and ready to go, way ahead of our arrival. Our salads were nondescript, the accompanying bread was stale and barely edible. Furthermore, the meals were delivered to the table in record time. Service was too quick we had to ask them to pause a bit so that we could attempt to savour our food; our request fell on deaf ears.
The wine we chose was the only decent part of our lunchtime experience. Needless to say we won't be bothering with this place again.

1  Thank RanaDarwin

Reviewed August 26, 2014

We ate lunch at this bistro a year ago (two of us) and again this August (four of us), and were quite pleased, with both the food and service. The service was a bit ragged at times, but then it was the August holiday season and I think the staff was a bit stretched. Nothing too fancy, but it's a comfortable spot with good classic dishes, like my veal kidneys in mustard sauce.

Reviewed August 21, 2014

We had a wonderful meal here. We both had escargot and the veal scaloppini with muhroom sauce and both were very good. I had a half bottle of Pouilly-Fusse and my husband had a half bottle of red wine. The service is excellent and we were not rushed.

1  Thank jerri w
Reviewed August 17, 2014

Had a dinner for two with escargot, duck confit, steak tartar, creme brûlée, a half a bottle of red wine and a cappuccino, all for €60. All food was very good, good quantities and I would not hesitate to visit this place again. Had the same all worse quality food in Paris for much more money. Le Bistrot du 7eme offers a great value IMHO. The service, while very friendly, could be a bit faster but in this price range this was not unexpected when the place was packed.

1  Thank Tomas G
Reviewed August 7, 2014

Very nice ,friendly Restaurant,English menu. Just across from the Tour Maubourg Metro. One of our favorites,with well prepared food.I have noticed that with hamburgers,steak the French seem to cook a little less than in the U.S. For medium you would probably do better asking for medium well. However I had the Ribeye and my wife had a very nice Salmon. Pricing at this Restaurant is a little more reasonable than comparable quality restaurants on Dominique and Cler. With a couple of glasses of wine for two around 60 euros. Book this very busy restaurant while in Paris.

3  Thank Sheloraruba