“Trip to Paris”

Le Metropolitan, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel
Ranked #244 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed May 25, 2014

I loved my hotel stay our room had a view of the Eiffel Tower. The staff and Bartenders were great. The hotel is in a great location we could walk to the Eiffel Tower and a lot of other tourist attractions.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
FPOMartin, General Manager at Le Metropolitan, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2014

We would like to thank you to have taken the time to share you comments with us .

We also would like to thank you for this nice review and we hope welcoming you back very soon in the heart of Paris

Kind regards,

There are newer reviews for Le Metropolitan, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel

Reviewed May 21, 2014

As a frequent business traveler I've stayed in quite a few Radisson's across europe including the other one in Paris which wasn't too my taste mainly because of the traditional decor. This was much more to my liking. Rooms are small yes (they generally are in the centre of Paris) but the decor had a lovely modern touch and had everything I needed plus I could see the eiffel tower from my window. Room service menu was limited but the restaurant downstairs was great...genuinely very very good food. The staff were delightfully friendly and helpful. This will definitely be my hotel of choice in when I return to Paris.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed May 20, 2014

I booked a double room for my husbands surprise birthday present to Paris. I booked two nights and it cost 450 euro so I thought it would be nice. i even emailed ahead to let them know it was a birthday and could we have a nice room.
i was shocked when we walked in, small, toilet was separate and just wide enough to get you through the door, shower area was a corridor with shower on the right. i kept banging my elbows when blow drying my hair it was that small. Also the bed was a twin and during the night out beds separated with a wide gap. View of a building next door. All this without breakfast...such a rip off. i complained the next day and was upgraded but i really put a dampner on my birthday treat for my husband. The pool area is small.
I should give a medal to the photographer who made the rooms look nice.
the hotel staff were nice enough - i feel sorry for them as i am sure lots of people complain about the rooms.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank aisling m

Thank you very much taking the time to comment your stay in our propertyand I'm very sorry to read that your stay did not go as it should mainly on your accomodation.

Regarding the room size, please note we do have bigger rooms in different categories. We can also read your nice comment on the staff which will be passed to them

We hope to welcome you very soon to bring back your confidence in our Hotel.

Best Regards,

Reviewed May 7, 2014

This a small hotel but we loved it. The location is right on the corner of the roundabout with a straight view to the Eiffel tower. We used the the valet parking which was great but also weird stopping at the edge or the roundabout at a busy time.
the room we had was fine, a little small but we were only there to sleep anyway. Everything was clean and in good order. We had a view of the tower from the window if you stuck you head out and looked left. This was fine and was an amazing view.
Overall a really nice place.

Room Tip: Upgrade if possible and request higher floor
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
FPOMartin, General Manager at Le Metropolitan, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2014

Dear Justin4974

We would like to thank you for taking the time to give us your feedbacks

We are delighted that you keep a good memory of your stay with us and wee look foraward to welcoming you back very soon

Kind regards

Fabice Martin

Reviewed May 4, 2014

This was our third visit to this hotel and we have never been disappointed! The staff has always been the ultimate professionals and most welcoming. Every experience is a treat - elegant, tasteful

While we will continue to return to Paris, we find it really difficult to imagine our trip without this wonderful boutique hotel, especially as we did spent our honeymoon there, so it means a lot to us.

The rooms are wonderful, the staff welcoming and friendly, the location, each time we spend more days there because this hotel makes the experience so very special!

Thanks to all staff for making out our stays so very special!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear christopher g,

Such a nice review, thank you so much from all of us

We are always delighted to welcoming you and we do hope that there will be many more time for us to be at your service.

See you very soon !!

Reviewed April 30, 2014

As usual, I sent e-mails in advance to understand about the benefits as a Concierge Member and also to have assurances related to the Gluten Allergy. Prestative replies from the GM and as well from Concierge. Here is where it’s finished the positives and started the issues when expected to be a perfect stay at the lovely Paris.

CHECK IN was informed in advance to be a little earlier than usual. I got my keys after 1 hour waiting and got to the room at 1pm. The surprise was that I was offered something to drink meanwhile and accepted water, but guess what? It came along with a bill of EUR 6,00. Thought was a courtesy since was an offer from the polite lady and not service and returned to avoid such rudeness.
ROOM I can’t say much. Was so tiny that I understood the difference about the words small and tiny. There is no space for the luggage. During check in I was also informed that have been upgraded with a view to the Eiffel Tower. NO VIEW, you have to open the window and stretch your head out to see the tower. You face a building and not the Eiffel Tower. I wondered what faces who is not upgraded and the room size as well.

BREAKFAST another disappointment. Have already mentioned that I exchanged e-mails in advance about the allergy to gluten, was even asked about my preferences and confirmed. Only got the Gluten Free bread with butter. No cheese or other things. And if it’s not included in the rate, be aware about the costs: EUR 20 per person for a Continental and EUR 30 if you add eggs or cheese.

POOL was the top disappointment. Once checked in, I asked to use the Pool and was informed that was closed for a particularly guest. Also was told that has been the first time that happened in the hotel. - Ok, so share the payments from this “special” or “rich” guest to the guests which wanted to use the pool and PAID US$ 500 per night or used 70.000 points to be at this supposed fancy hotel. And here comes the best part… - Later on at that day, tried again to use and this time they have asked EUR 20 to use the pool per person per day. They said was new policies in the Hotel. Where is this information on the website? It’s not! After arguing with a very prestative young lady at the front desk she agrees to not charge my room. I felt very uncomfortable to argue for something that is my right and the hotel took all the charm away.

SERVICE is like robotic. All seems very unnatural. They lack of human touch. The episode at check in related to my water was a perfect example. Also at 5pm a crazy person from the staff got inside the room even with the NOT DISTURB sign hanging on the door. What is that sign for? Maybe because it’s in English right?
By the way, as a Concierge I was also entitle for a Complimentary Gift. No idea what was it. Maybe the Milk bottle opened inside the Mini bar from the previous guest in my room.
Never coming back and I really hope they revised all the comments to avoid guests to have a terrible experience as I had. We are talking about Paris, where everything should be perfect as the city is. UPGRADE your minds!
I will only save Julien from front desk and the Marroquin Concierge which were very attentive and prestative during my whole stay.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank EduardoStruve
FPOMartin, General Manager at Le Metropolitan, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2014

Dear Mr Struve,

We are very sorry to read that we could not meet your expectations.

I will try to contact you directly by email or telephone

We do hope that we will be able to bring back your confidence in our property

Kind regards,

Reviewed April 28, 2014

A 25 euro taxi ride from Gare Due Nord in around 20-25 minutes, not too bad for a start. The hotel is in a really good location, Place De Mexico is fascinating with the 6-7 road that converge into it and with the view of the Eiffel Tower from the front door of the hotel, its quite perfect. A great view of the tower. For me that's the best bits.
The front desk and reception area is small and staff are always far too busy, you just left waiting their whether your the only person there or not. The rooms once you get your key are small, I was upgraded to a superior room and dare not think what a classic room is like.
The rooms really aren't that functional or well design when it comes to electric sockets, you have to hunt the spare one and its not where its convenient. Not great for the modern travel with gadgets or the business traveler.
Free wifi, its not that fast and its fairly low speed so not that impressed by that. Never tried the restaurant or the 1st floor bar.
Price per night is fair for Paris, probably even quite good if you book early for the best rates. I'm not finding myself a liker of Radisson as a brand.

Room Tip: Room on High Floor away from street noise
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business