“Parisian hospitality”

Le Metropolitan, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel
Ranked #244 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed May 18, 2013

I was thoroughly impressed by the hospitality and service of the hotel staff. I was staying in the Executive Suite on the 6th floor. The suite is very cozy and has an outer room which serves as your living area. The inner room has the bedroom and bath.

We were victims of a pick pocketing (one of the things that Paris is notoriously famous for) and the hotel staff was very accommodating. They very promptly informed me of the arrivals of my replacement cards and any enquiries done by the banks for verifying my stay at the hotel.

The location of the hotel is right in the heart of the city. The iconic Eiffel Tower is a metro stop away from the Trocadero station. Trocadero is within walking distance from the hotel which houses a lot of cafes and restaurants.

The hotel staff is very polite, helpful and friendly and this exemplary behavior was displayed every time I spoke to them. They really changed my opinion on Parisian hospitality.

The after hours room service menu is a bit sparse. If you are used to Asian hotels, then you will be a bit shocked with the size of the standard room. So it would be a good idea to book a business class room upfront.

If I do visit Paris again, this will definitely be my choice of hotel to stay in!

Room Tip: Get the executive suite if your budget allows or get a room facing the Eiffel Tower.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Amit B
There are newer reviews for Le Metropolitan, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel

Reviewed May 17, 2013

From the moment we arrived we were treated by the staff as royalty. Although the lobby is small, it is impeccably detailed and decorated, with plenty of room to gather, have a drink, or even a meal from the nearby restaurant.

The rooms were extremely comfortable and the bathrooms modern. From our room, the view of the Eiffel Tower was spectacular, and we began each day by throwing open the curtains to be greeted by its incredibly romantic splendor. Even though we spent much of our time enjoying the city's charm, we looked forward to returning to the hotel every night to view the tower with our windows open to the balcony, and the glowing lights of the tower beckoning us to spend one more day.

The concierge team went above and beyond to do all they could to meet our needs and requests, and securing tickets and passes that we would not have been able to obtain otherwise.

The restaurant is quaint and bright, and the service impeccable. We were always greeted with a smile, and the attitude of service was refreshing. The food was always presented in a pleasing manner, and in large portions. The rooms service was consistently the fastest I have ever seen in all of my travels. When I ordered breakfast in my room as I did almost every morning, it arrived in 7-8 minutes including freshly scrambled eggs, crispy bacon, fresh hot croissants and creme filled rolls (not microwaved warm, fresh from the oven).

I spend over 200 days per year in hotel rooms, and travel extensively to countries outside the United States, and this hotel was a rare treat for all of us. I would recommend it to everyone.

Room Tip: Rooms 411, 511 and 611 have the best views of the Eiffel Tower. These are also the largest rooms, an...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Donald B
Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

I I had a comfortable stay at the hotel. It's a little dark and dingy in decor for my taste but clean and well maintained. It's highly perfumed as you walk to reception which was a little sickly when returning from the street.

The room I stayed in was very small, although the bathroom was a good size and the shower is excellent. The bed was comfortable and there was a small balcony with a view of the top of the Eiffel Tower.

The lighting in the room was bizarre. There's a main light that's absurdly bright and then bed lighting that are dim and flicker. The air conditioning was useless. It was 25°c or above most of the time; regardless of what was selected. I opened the doors to the balcony to cool down. This worked fine until the chap next door started smoking on his.

There is a safe in the room which is always good to have and the free wifi is excellent. The bed is comfortable, which is the main thing and the staff were courteous and helpful.

The view of the Eiffel Tower when you walk out of the hotel is extraordinary. It's about a 10-15min walk away.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed May 11, 2013

Small but very stylish rooms with beautifly designed bathroom. One would expect Hercule Poirot to enter room :)
Hotel is located on a small and quiet place, just 200m from Trocadéro. You can see Eiffel Tower from the balcony and take very nice pictures during days and nights. Swimming pool was clean and service overall very pleasant.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Deunds
Reviewed May 11, 2013

Please keep in mind I'm a Red Roof Inn, Motel 6 kinda guy. Nothing fancy for me. I'm not that wealthy for starters but I really just don't see the value in expensive hotels. So, with that in mind, I will say I enjoyed my stay here. I would give it about 3.5-4 rating. I was told rooms and hotels can be small in Paris and this is no exception. The room was quite small but it was well done. The bed looked and was very comfortable. I opted out of the breakfast as others have stated it seemed to expensive. The lobby is small but very very cozy. Cute tables with little candles are there and you can hear the hip old school music in the background. A nice scent is in the air as soon as you walk in. I went down to the pool but didn't use it. It along with the Hamman seemed very nice and inviting. The staff was ok, English wasn't there strong suit, but it cannot be expected in a non English country. Location here is the key. It is a very short walk to the Eiffel Tower, the Siene River cruise, the Metro, The Arc De Triomphe and many other attractions. Lots and lots of cafes are all around as well. I only ate at the Trocedero Cafe which was very tasty but little expensive. I loved the bathroom for the most part.

Some negatives. The shower head really really needed a cleaning. That blue stuff was building up pretty bad. I'm not a fan of the sink which drains slowly. As others have said, the rooms with 11 have the Eiffel Tower view but I didn't mind as I was outside a lot and you see it in its full glory the second you step outside. The room stayed cold which I liked but couldn't figure out how to change the temperature. The fan just seemed to run as it stayed at 19 Celsius the whole time.

I would recommend this place if you are solo or a couple, not more than that. If you have a busy itinerary and want to see a lot of the sites. I would stay here again. Its a pleasant place in a very nice area. Staff is ok, a tiny bit pretentious, but ok and helpful.

"Tip" Make a 7 o'clock right outside the front door and head to "Casino". A nice market with everything you will need. I scored some priced good food in there. Buy tickets for the sites beforehand or get the 2 day pass. It will save a lot of wait time.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Seanp7195
Reviewed May 9, 2013

I chose this hotel because I cannot sleep in a carpeted room due to my dust allergy. All the rooms in this hotel seem to have wooden floors. I stayed for three nights.

The room 519 was very small, but I understand this is a basic feature of many hotel rooms in Paris. There was a small separate bathroom and a toilet (which was on the other side of the bathroom so after going to the toilet you had to walk to the other side of the room to wash hands). The shower had all black tiles so it was slightly difficult to see anything there. A couple of times it happened that during shower it run out of hot water but after half a minute the hot water was back on. Otherwise the toilet, washbasin and shower were of excellent quality and the water run well.

The room was very well cleaned, the sheets and pillows were of a very good quality (no feather pillows). The cleaning lady had a habit of rearranging my creams and soaps etc. in the bathroom to a different order every day, I guess she was being thorough. There was a huge TV screen. One evening the standing lamp in the room was broken but it was fixed right away on the following day.

There was an elevator next to the room but I did not even notice it for the whole night, it was so silent. The sound insulation was also otherwise very good. I had good night’s sleep there. There is a spa and swimming pool but I didn’t have time to try those.

The view from the room was to a side street, next to the hotel you can see the Eiffel Tower very nicely. The location is excellent, quite close to metro stops and a 15 minute walk to the Tower.

The breakfast was not included in my room rate. It was 18 euros for a small continental breakfast and 28 for a larger one. I always took the small one but I was slightly disappointed: it included bread, pastries, juice, and tea or coffee. I would have preferred to have also yoghurt and cheese, ham, and fruits, but for those you had to pay 10 e extra. The juice was, however, really great, I’ve not had so good juice for a long time, could have been freshly squeezed.

The receptionist staff was helpful and overall very kind. There was excellent wi-fi in the room. The hotel reception and common areas were quite heavily scented, but I did not notice the same scent in the room (although my clothes did smell slightly like a perfume, which I do not use, after coming back). I would thus not recommend this hotel for guests with high sensitivity to perfume smells.

Myself, I would definitely consider coming back to the hotel again. Overall, the experience was of an excellent quality.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Terhi C
Reviewed May 9, 2013

The hotel is close to a residental neighborhood and I enjoyed being able to shop at the produce shops, cheese shop and bakery. It is a short walk to Trocadero and the Effifel tower, as well as the Arc de Triomphe. More distant sites can be accessed from the Trocadero metro. The staff were helpful and attentive. The continental breakfast was delicious. My room and the common area were small, but comfortable. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business