My experience at the nation hotel was a bit surreal.
I had to arrive in Paris at about 00.30 am and depart the following morning at 7, so I thought not to spend too much money and decided to book a simple hotel. i booked through venere.com, there were no reviews and i could find any on tripadvisor or somewhere else...
The hotel was under construction, the access door of the hotel was closed and the handle was missing, to open the door it was necessary to put the finger inside the hole and pull the door (it already explaines how this hotel is)
The guy at the reception did not had my reservation, so he asked me if i remeber how much i have to pay (thats about their organization)
The reception and the entrance were full of sacks whith cement, building tools and everything completely dirty .. seemed to be inside a contruction site.
My room was on the fourth floor, the stairs were completely dirty and full of dust, i think it has not been cleaned for a long time. beside the stairs on each floor were the shared bathrooms, that were practically 1 square meter whith just space for the toilet.
The horror came when I opened the room door:
- HORRIBLE SMELL - it was like the room had not been cleaned for a long long time, it was not the smell of the guests before me, but the smell of dirt after a long time.
It was STINKING soo much thant i could not get asleep, I had to spray my parfum throughout the room.
Even my clothes were stinking the next day.
ABOUT THE ROOM:
- PILLOW was yellow and dirrty - I had put my shirt around it in order not to get my face on that dirty pillow.
- SHEETS with holes
- COVER BLANKETT dirrty and with holes (see photo)
- CURTAIN (see photo) was completely torn and adjusted with a stapler, it was hanging on the stick whith keyholders (see photo)
- CHAIR was old and completely broken (see photo)
- PAPERS UNDER THE BED - have been probably left by customers before me.
- DIRT ON THE FLOOR AND IN THE ANGLEs OF THE room - I had to leave my shoes on all the time
- WARDROBE DOORS did not open
In the room there was also a sink and a bidet (see photo) the floor there had not been cleaned for a long time too (see photo)
there was an almost yellow towel and full of stains, I have not tried to see if it stinks, but perhaps it was better that i didn't, I wiped with tissue paper that I brought with me.
The TRASH bin in the bathroom was full (they did not empty it after the last guests left)
However i do not recommend this "hotel" to anyone, even not for those looking for a cheap place and do not pay attention to details, this hotel is just dirty, nobody wants to spend his nights in a room like that, do not know why this hotel has not been closed by the authorities.
I did not believe that these types of hotels really exist.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotwire and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hotel Nation Montmartre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.