“Fantastic petite hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #200 of 1,795 Hotels in Paris
London, Canada
“Fantastic petite hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights in September 2013. The hotel is in a fab location, surrounded by restaurants, bars and easy reach of the Vavin metro stop. The staff at the hotel are very friendly and will give you any information you need. The Hotel is small, and hidden down a little side street, which is perfect, as it means your away from the traffic noise. The rooms are cute, and compact, with everything you need for a short break. Each room is unique, and decorated in a fun and quirky way, wish different themes. Location wise it is perfect, your in easy reach to all the main tourist locations, and plenty of metro stops. I would 100% stay here again, highly recommend!!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
PoemHotel, General Manager at Apostrophe Hotel, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Thanks for your kind review. Indeed we are small and quarky but most of all cozy. Please be aware that we have great dicounts until february 28 !
Kind regards.

Isabelle

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2013

I spent six days last week at the Apostrophe. My third time there, but definitely not my last. It's a wonderful hotel on a quiet side street near the southwest corner of the Luxembourg Gardens. As with most Paris hotels, the rooms are on a small side. Unlike most hotels anywhere, the rooms are incredibly well designed. Every nook is cleverly used from holding a box of Kleenex to fitting in a decent sized closet. The Apostrophe's multi-head showers are deservedly famous. But, form, it's the quality of the staff that really sets the hotel apart. All are friendly and ultra competent. Their extraordinary helpfulness maximizes the chances that your stay in Paris will be as good as possible. One example of their thoughtfulness: I left a watch in my room a year ago. They kept it for me until my return.

Room Tip: Their are no bad rooms, but it if you want a good view of the Eiffel Tower, gtwo of the three rooms...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Teacher_Two
It is a pleasure to read that you had a wonderful time with us and that you still enjoy very much our powerful shower.

Looking forward to welcoming you a 4th time !

Isabelle
Pensacola, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2013

My husband and I journeyed to Paris for the first time to celebrate our 13th wedding anniversary. The Apostrophe was everything we could have asked for and more. I did my research ahead of time and knew to expect that rooms in Europe are generally smaller. I emailed questions before we even booked, and the staff at the Apostrophe immediately responded. They were kind and considerate of my lack of French -- they answered all of my questions. Their amazing customer service before I was even a customer (thank you especially to Roman -- he is why we stayed here) was very impressive.

And we remained impressed throughout our stay. The hotel has a lift (so key if you have any luggage at all). We stayed in the Femme room, which while cozy was wonderfully appointed. The room was thought out to every last detail and made for a very pleasant experience (LOVED the 6 head massaging shower -- perfect after a long day walking around Paris!) As a bonus, on our first night the staff placed rose petals in the shape of a heart on our bed with the number thirteen in the middle -- it made everything very special for us. Another added bonus -- there were cabinets to unpack our suitcases in (I suggest everyone use travel cubes after this trip -- so easy to unpack) and they stored our suitcases downstairs so we would not be tripping over them in the room. Our room had a view of the Eiffel tower from the bed -- so very nice. The hotel is in a wonderful neighborhood -- multiple boulangeries to choose from, easily accessible metro stations, wonderful bistros close by, Luxembourg Gardens around the corner. The Apostrophe had it all! And the staff were just as nice and wonderful in person as they had been in emails. We especially bonded with Roman (thanks again Roman) but everyone at the hotel was absolutely wonderful. If and when we come back to Paris - -we will be staying here! Thanks Apostrophe for making our anniversary so special. We will remember it fondly always!

Room Tip: Ask for "Femme" if a view of the Eiffel is important to you -- you can't see the whole...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for this great review. We are very happy that you had a great anniversary in our company. We wish the best always and know that we will be more than happy to welcome you again in our hotel.
Derby, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2013

The hotel was lovely, the rooms weren't the biggest but by all accounts that's an expectation that you should have when you're going to Paris, cited literally a minutes walk away from the metro the location is very good although there arnt many well valued restaurants close by.. Despite this the metro enables you to get from one area of Paris to another in a matter of minutes!! The hotel staff were exceptionally friendly, two men working 12 hours shifts constantly answered every enquiry you had with a friendly smile and the best possible solution for the request or question you pose to them, the daytime man a migrant from LA and of Latin origin had exceptional knowledge and the evening time man directed me to a crepe stall at 1am with a manner that made an instant good rapport! We had a suite with a spa bath in the room and that was very relaxing indeed, we didn't try the breakfast in the establishment although there was a nice little patisserie just a walk around the corner, recommended by one of the members of staff! Me and my partner couldn't recommend the hotel highly enough, steep rates but the service warranted this money alone! Comfy beds, sound proof walls and great atmosphere! We compared a lot of hotels before making our decision as I'm sure a lot of people will do, this was our final choice and we weren't let down in any way! Highest regards to hotel apostrophe and the staff! Ben and Laura x

• Stayed November 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
PoemHotel, Directeur général at Apostrophe Hotel, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
Thanks you for this wonderful review. Paris can be expensive like most of the main capitals of the world... So we inviteyou to take advantage of our exclusive offer valid on our website only and until february 28.
Kindest regards.

Rome, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2013

Loved this hotel, very romantic place and going back hopefully soon! It was my first time in Paris and i could not have asked for a better hotel for a romantic unique stay. I just wish i had more time in the city of lights.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your splendid review. Looking forward to welcoming you again.

Brooklyn, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2013

I had a great stayed at this hotel during my first time visiting Paris. Staff was helpful, courteous, diligent and pleasant. The day before my arrival I called asking for directions via public transportation. Not only they helped over the phone, they emailed them as well.

Convenient location: closest Metro Station "Vavien", and close to RER train "Port Royale" which connects you to CDG airport and Versailles. Walking distance to Montparnasse (where you can enjoy one of the most beautiful views of Paris, especially during sunrise).

Rooms: are very small (see website for dimensions). I stayed on the 2nd floor "Music". Sink is sort of across-diagonal from bed, there’s a standing shower (good for tall people), toilet is inside a closet (may be a bit uncomfortable for someone with long legs). In spite its size, the room was comfortable. Our bed was firm and pillows felt goose down-like. Room is good for couples or very close friends (e.g. the shower only has a glass door and you can see the person bathing).

Noise: I'm a light sleeper and always carry ear plugs whenever I travel. Because the hotel is not on a main street, there is very little noise (almost none). I didn't use my ear plugs during my stay.

Staff/Room Service: The staff was really amazing, it really made a difference. Order room service once, it was delicious.

Cleanliness: The room was cleaned everyday, spotless, towels were changed.

Wifi was unlimited with good signal.

Yoggita, Brooklyn, NY

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank yoggita R
Thank you for this kind review. it is true that we are a small hotel and that size could be surprising for those that are not use to parisians standards. Nethertheless we are happy to read that you "sejour" was confortable and quiet.
Kind regards.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2013

My stay was a very good one. Staff were all very friendly. Room was clean and comfortable. The location is a bit further away than I normally stay but as it is on the M 4 Metro line it is very easy to get to from the Gare du Nord.
I would stay there again.

• Stayed November 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
PoemHotel, Directeur général at Apostrophe Hotel, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Thanks for you kind review. We are located downtown in a very parisian area with very good connection lines (3 metro lines and 1 RER line for both airports). Hopefully we will have the pleasure to welcome you again.