“It was okay, I liked it..a few complaints”

Hotel Sublim Eiffel
Ranked #876 of 1,796 Hotels in Paris
Aviano, Italy
“It was okay, I liked it..a few complaints”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

My husband and I spent a weekend here in April for my birthday. The hotel arranged for a taxi to pick us up from the airport that Friday and get us to the hotel & then back to the airport on Sunday.Which was very convenient so we didn't have to worry about transportation.The only thing that made me a little upset about the Taxi service was that the workers I had spoke to via email while making reservations for the hotel,had told me that the price for the taxi from the airport to the hotel was going to be 60 euro and then when it was time for us go back to the airport Sunday morning that it would be 30 euro. Well it turns out that we had to pay 70 euro for the way to the hotel and then 70 euro on the way back to the airport..when I was told otherwise. When we left that Sunday morning I had told the man at the desk about the email and asked if it was going to be 30 euro and then showed him the email.He then said that the 30 euro was only if we had a flight leaving during the day,that it would be anywhere between 60 & 70 euro...WELL WHAT?! that kind of made me mad because if I had known the taxi would have been more pricey because our flight left so early in the morning I would have got a later flight just to save some money..We did leave at 4am because we had a 6am flight BUT if that was an issue then I think it should have been included in the email that it would only be 30 euro at certain times..Just didn't make much sense to me..But the Taxi drivers were very nice, especially the one who brought us to the hotel.He spoke very little English but was very polite.

The hotel itself was nice,i loved all the different lights & color schemes.The younger man at check in was friendly and very helpful. Right outside of the hotel was the metro,which we took all through the city.Very cheap and fast.The man at the desk in the hotel explained how to use it and said if we had any problems he would come over and help,which I thought was very nice.
The elevator in the hotel was small so if you have a lot of bags it will be a tight squeeze.
Our room was nice, again I loved all of the colors and from the outside of our window we could see the top of the Eiffel Tower. It was very quirky and just my taste when it comes to a hotel room.I like different.
The shower was neat, if you don't mind showering in front of who you are sharing the room with.
Although,the way the shower was set up made the ENTIRE floor outside of the shower (where the sink and mirror are) completely soaked! it was impossible to get ready in there because the floor had so much water on it.
The bed was very comfy, and the AC worked wonders. That's a must for me.
The wifi worked decent.
Overall it was a nice stay,very convenient transportation wise,& I had a great birthday.I would stay here again on a short stay in Paris..If I was staying longer than 3 days I would probably try and book a bigger room somewhere else.

1 Thank NikRaeMck

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Korean first
Stavanger, Rogaland, Norway
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2013

Spent a weekend at this hotel in April and I liked it. The rooms are small but smartly furnished. The carpet on the floor is a map of the Metro system in Paris, and you have a lot of LED lights presenting the room in a modern atmosphere. There was also a small balcony from the room with views straight to the Eiffel Tower.
The hotel is clean and tidy, and towels are changed every day.

The reception staff has a limited knowledge in English, but with some English some French and the use of fingers you get by!

There is a Metro station just outside the hotel, but using this you need to change Metro stations at least once to get to the central area of Paris. But this line will take you directly to the Eiffel Tour. If you spend several days in Paris make sure to buy the Tourist ticket witch is available for 1, 2, 3 or five days. This card will also give you discounts on several tourist attractions.

This is a very small hotel and do not offer any bar or lounge areas, but a small breakfast restaurant. The breakfast is not included. We did not have breakfast at the hotel, but used cafes instead for a better value.

There are several restaurants, bistros and cafes nearby the hotel if you want to keep close to the hotel. Otherwise I recommend having dinner in the Latin Areas nearby Notre-dame.

Room Tip: We had 601. Great room with views overlooking the Eiffel Tower. Expect some noise for the local traf...
1 Thank Lars S
Padova
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

the hotel is ok but attention - breakfast is not include...and the hotel don't tell you before. i have payed for 3 morning breakfast too much (90 euro for a poor little choice assortment !!!). what bad surprise for me !
make attention !

2 Thank Alessandro S
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

Loved this hotel, after staying in several larger chain hotels recently I booked this as a quirky place to stay and it didn't disappoint. Our room was 602, high up, view straight onto the eiffel tower and decorated in pink, red and black with a tube map carpet and lush interior. It might not be to everyones tastes but the website clearly shows the rooms and it is worth the experience. The shower, bed, decor etc were all very good for a 3 star with fresh linen and towels daily and new shampoo etc provided as well as the option to book in at the spa downstairs or take a drink in the hotel bar. My boyfriend and I found everywhere was walkable, a cute antique market on the street on the sunday and lots of nice cafes, creperies meant we really enjoyed our 48 hours staying here. The reception were very helpful also.

Room Tip: Room 602 has a view onto the eiffel tower and is red, pink and black in decor. Staying high up was w...
1 Thank virginia d
Northampton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed here for a romantic 3 night stay in Paris. The location is really good very central with the metro being on your door step just a few stops away from all the sights. The hotel staff were very friendly and were extremely helpful and spoke excellent English. We didn't have breakfast at the hotel which is an extra 14 euros but right over the road is an excellent bakery that have lovely croissants etc. All in all it was a lovely hotel and we throughly enjoyed our stay. Definitely stay here again!!
Reason for only giving it four stars is in our bedroom there was a few attention to detail mishaps for example our bed display has a big chunk of wood missing.

Room Tip: Try and stay on sixth floor as you get a great view of the Eiffel Tower especially at night.
1 Thank David T
Birmingham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013

The hotel is in Great location to use the metro but the hotel was not to our liking.The shower was about the best.The lift is not reliable, it's very dark (no natural light) we was on the 6th floor so the noise was not a problem. We didn't have the best experience of Paris and this hotel but has they say each to there own :-)

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank kellyms1985
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

This hotel is great, its small and quirkey, the rooms are a good size with lots of great features. The bar and breakfast area is really nice and the drinks are really cheap compared to other places. The staff are friendly but they tried it on when we were checking out and left our bags for the day, they tried to charge us 60.00eur for leaving them in the baggage room all day.... we didnt pay for this and the staff could see we were not believing them.
WE have a very enjoyable stay at the Sublim and would stay there again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple