Renaissance Paris Arc de Triomphe Hotel
$563
$508
Official Site
1,658 results
All reviewsarc de triompheeiffel towermarriott propertiesplatinum memberturn down serviceconcierge staffmacaroonsbusiness centermodern hotelsmall balconyprior to our arrivalfamily roombottle of champagnetwo blockslocation is greateach morningbreakfast was included
Reviewed March 9, 2014

A couple of minutes walk from arc de triomphe. Modern hotel small lobby but friendly & efficient check-in. The rooms are spacious - had a king bed working desk and sofa without feeling cramped + a small balcony.

Room squeaky clean though I did notice in my 2 nights in the hotel that housekeeping is pretty slow. My room wasn't clean before 3pm on either day.

Food in hotel is good especially the desserts; there are varied and cheaper options in the numerous bistros in the area. The concierge was very helpful in identifying restaurants in the area to meet our dining preferences.

Will definitely return

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 9, 2014

After visiting Paris for the first time around 3 weeks ago, I fell in love with everything about it. This hotel was the icing on the cake- from the minute we arrived I felt I had stepped into a world of luxury. The room itself was bright, modern and surprisingly quiet considering the hotel is on a relatively busy road. It's central location minutes walk from the metro station, Arc de Triomphe and the Champs-Élysées was ideal. The main issue for us was the price, to the point where we went to the McDonald's which was just down the road! The staff were always willing to help, even to the point where I could practise French but be told the important bits in English. I would return to this hotel in a heartbeat and I could recommend it to everyone who loves a bit of luxury

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Libby161
Reviewed March 8, 2014

My husband and I stayed here last year for our wedding anniversary and decided to stay here again this year. We love this hotel for its location and service.
Upon arrival, our room was ready even though we were early and the hotel was fully booked. Staff were all extremely helpful. The deluxe room was a good choice too, larger than the standard room.
We appreciated the gifts left every evening as well as the champagne bottle for our anniversary and making us feel very welcome.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AandMMalta
Reviewed February 20, 2014

Traveling as a family of 4 (doesn't matter if the other2 are little toddlers) is like having a third leg in Paris where the max. number of people in one room is 3. For that reason, we booked the family room (2 queen beds) at Renaissance Paris Arc de Triomphe. Some other reasons we forgo Jay Paris (boy, what a mistake) and stay with Renaissance because 1. Its location (2 blocks from major subway station, 1 block from smaller subway station, 2 blocks from Arc de Triomphe, 4 blocks from Champs-Élysées and the endless shopping stores, close to many bars, cafés, pâtisseries, groceries and restaurants (there was a very cheap cafeteria style restaurant up the street towards Arc de Triomphe that was2. It has a restaurant there which would make breakfast, and dining needs somewhat easier.

The hotel is situated on a very odd lot. You could barely see an entrance from the front besides a double glass door. Once inside, you can see the restaurant in the back and the barely there lobby somewhat lopsided to the left. Everything is black dark inside (or as perceived as modern). The elevators are off to the back left.

Coming to Paris directly from Munich where everything was proper, we immediately noticed the different in mannerism of people who checked us in. This hotel was more like a Hilton in the States where no one knows who you are and you were just another person they checked in. A couple of times we strolled through the front door, bell people didn't bother to open doors or say hello.

The room was extremely small. It barely fit 2 beds in there. The mattresses were old and soft. The view? back of the building! The bathroom, again, very small but they attempted to make it look modern. Cleanliness:7/10 (spots and dust in bathroom area, carpet, furniture). We did look at each others and asked:"should we check out and go to another hotel?" We decided to fight it out for 3 nights before heading to London.

Before arriving to the hotel, I inquired if a microwave can be put in and was told no and that room service can help me warm up anything I need. After our first try, our 10 containers (packed for us by Mandarin Oriental Munich) didn't make their ways back until 30 minutes later. Shortly after, to our surprise, they delivered an old microwave to our room and asked us to sign a "filled in" contract to pay should there be any damages to the microwave. I don't recall any hotels that call themselves 5stars ever done this.

Breakfast buffet at hotel was actually very good and abundant of selections. For Paris, it was a well spent 30 Euros (in my opinion). The restaurant servers were attentive.

Overall, select this hotel for its location but don't expect red carpet treatment like from other 5 star hotels.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank tnghi121
Laura T, Responsable réception at Renaissance Paris Arc de Triomphe Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2014

Thank you for posting this review and sharing your feedback on what appears to have been a disappointing experience at our hotel. Please accept our sincere apology for the service failures you experienced. They are not representative of our usual quality of service.
I wish we could discuss the matter directly so that we can work towards a suitable resolution and restore your faith in our hotel and service team. Please contact myself at your earliest convenience. You can reach me at +33 1 55 37 55 37.
Laura

Reviewed February 19, 2014 via mobile

The deluxe rooms are a good size and most rear facing rooms have a balcony.

The rooms come in a range of slightly different sizes and layouts. Some come with bath tubs and others just have showers.

We were travelling in a groups of nine and booked four different rooms.

The garden outlook is nice. Parisian rooftops and residential apartments.

The hotel entrance is little tucked away and signage not very distinct or visible.

The arc de triomphe is very close and you can easily duck out for early morning photos with not much tourists. Or take some evening shots with very little traffic and tourists.

There is a fresh food market and supermarket /department store around the corner.

The navigator / concierge restaurant recommendation were very good. Atelier du Marché and L'Annexe much better than the chain restaurants on the main streets.

• Stayed: January 2014