“Great hotel for American Visitors”

Renaissance Paris Arc de Triomphe Hotel
Ranked #171 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed January 24, 2013

My wife and stayed her for 3 nights in September. It's a very nice hotel, particularly in you want an American style hotel. No need to know French here. All of the staff were very friendly and helpful. Our upgraded room was very nice and extremely spacious, especially for Europe standards. The location centrally located and is convenient to the Metro. I would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank justatraveler2012
There are newer reviews for Renaissance Paris Arc de Triomphe Hotel

Reviewed January 24, 2013

This is a nice hotel, very well located for sightseeing and transport, I received two e mails from the hotel welcoming me and giving me directions from the airports/ stations etc, very handy.

The bar and restaurant are both good, the food is French/Asian mix.

The rooms are great and massive for a Paris hotel, unfortunately it looked towards the back of the hotel which has a function room at the back, apparently the function room is not part of the hotel complex, so on Saturday night at 11:30pm when the noise got too much, when I called down I was told that they could only go and ask!! Fortunately the noise stopped as a result soon after !

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank powerfulpierre317
Reviewed January 12, 2013

This hotel was pretty good. The only complaint was that for what you pay the rooms are fairly small. I heard though in Paris the rooms are generally smaller, so this could be why. The bathroom as well was small. The staff, however, were very friendly, helpful, and always ready to assist you. I ate at the hotel restaurant for both breakfast and dinner - Both times the food was great! They have nougat where the front desk is which I found a fun addition. I must have grabbed so many! Great location! It was a few blocks away from the Arc de Triomphe, and right by Champs Elysees. For the price of this hotel compared to others around the area I would probably stay here again; however, if I found a hotel with great reviews and around the same price I would feel inclined to try it out.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Roxii
Reviewed January 10, 2013

Jarring music, odd food (which, afterwards, another guest told me you could get cheaper by going on a French food discount website called the Fork and booking the same restaurant for a big discount!) and rooms that are really crying out for a lick of paint!

It was ok, but just ok, and not great and the location's only fair but, you can walk to the Arch but that's about all.

The staff are a bit standoffish, no one goes the extra mile to help you.
Like I said, just fair...

Room Tip: I had a room with a view of the street
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank Slavomir B
Reviewed January 10, 2013

My daughter and I stayed here for one week in December/January. This hotel is located a couple of short city blocks from the Arch de Triumph - down one of the streets that comprise the Etoile that surrounds the Arch. It was a quiet street, just far enough off the traffic and noise of the Champs Elysees. There is a Starbucks, McDonald's (free wifi), and several good restaurants between the hotel and the Arch. It was less than a 3 minute walk to the metro station. The hotel itself is typical Renaissance/Marriott - meaning clean, respectable, good quality service, etc. The rooms were big for a big city hotel. We never ate lunch or dinner in the restaurant, but the menu looked good, if expensive. (Continental breakfast was 22 euros per person, which is a lot for coffee or tea, juice, danishes, and cereal). The concierge was helpful and friendly. They sold us RER tickets and entrance tickets to Versailles and provided the usual maps and directions. They also recommended restaurants and sightseeing. The hotel room was furnished in a modern style, which was pretty and comfortable. No issues with water pressure, temperature, or anything like that. My daughter liked the evening service when they would bring a little treat or gift - some included candy, an Eiffel Tower key chain and a stuffed animal. We especially enjoyed walking home every evening after sightseeing. We would take the metro from wherever we ended up to the Place de Concorde and walk all the way up the Champs Elyssees from there to get home, even though the metro station at Charles de Gaulle Etoile (Arch de Triumph) was right there. The walk up the boulevard at night was an enjoyable way to end the day. I would stay here again in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: We traveled on points, so didn't get the best view. The rooms facing Ave. Wagram have views of t...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank cotoclan
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Love this property, modern hotel in a great location. Staff is professional and accommodating
highly recommend ! Walking distance to most attractions, great restaurants and shops.
Coffee maker in room- love that !

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank macignal
Reviewed January 8, 2013

This hotel is super cool with very modern decor and colour palates. The bed was comfortable and our room was quite large with a small balcony. Housekeeping always left us a small present (eg choc coated almonds) or at New Years, a bigger present (bottle of red) which we really appreciated. I loved the coffee machine in the room and thankfully they topped up the coffee supplies because I drank a lot of it. The doormen were excellent - great local knowledge and so friendly.

We used the gym a few times - plenty of cardio equipment and hand weights but the weight machine (just one!) was not able to function properly in the space available - the ceiling was too low and the wall too close to do many of the shoulder/back exercises.

We liked being close enough, but not too close to the major attractions - Champs Élysées is just a short walk, and the Metro station at Arc de Triomphe is a major interchange for several metro lines, so it was very easy to get around. We actually liked the local area around the hotel too, as there were lots of small cafes and restaurants, as well as fresh produce/supermarkets and other handy shops like a self service laundromat.

The negatives were minor - the shower didn't drain very well so we had to be careful not to flood the bathroom floor, but it really wasn't a big issue for us.

Overall we really enjoyed our stay and would return there if we went back to Paris.

• Stayed: January 2013