1. modern clean, comfortable rooms and extremely spacious by Paris standards. Exactly the size and comfort you would get from a business class hotel in the US. Not over-the-top luxury, but very very comfortable. The hotel is relatively new, so none of the old, musty thing.
2. incredibly kind and friendly staff. I was actually shocked at how nice they were, given my past experiences in Paris. Concierge is very knowledgeable and helpful.
Here is the thing - if you can afford really over the top - Four Seasons, or Ritz, it not that type of hotel. But for the next level down ( and this hotel is NOT inexpensive), older hotels in older cities tend to be less that perfectly kept up. Old hotels are hard to keep pristine. This is a wonderful alternative. You may miss out on the grand old look, but you also miss out on all the disadvantages that an older building can have.
3. Location is superb.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Renaissance Paris Arc de Triomphe designed by Christian de Portzamparc, is just a few steps away from the famous landmark and Champs-Elysées Avenue. A breathtaking contemporary design, this Arc de Triomphe, Paris hotel's upscale guest rooms and suites are spacious and tastefully decorated and boast the latest in-room technology, including wireless Internet. After a long day of meetings or sightseeing, rejuvenate with a workout in the fitness center. Outstanding among hotels in Arc de Triomphe, Paris, guests can indulge in delightful dining at the Makassar Lounge Restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Orbitz, Marriott, Cheap Tickets, Ctrip TA, Agoda, TravelUp, Cancelon, Priceline, getaroom.com, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your Renaissance Paris Arc de Triomphe Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.