“Room attendants enter our room when do not disturb was on show!”
Review of Campanile

Campanile
Campanile
Ranked #1,477 of 1,800 Hotels in Paris
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Room attendants enter our room when do not disturb was on show!”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

The day after we checked in I didnt need my room cleaned so I put on the do not disturb so they wouldnt need to clean the room when I came back I had seen that they had entered my room I was so furious as a hotel manager I would never expect any of my staff to do this and if so they would be no longer working for me! When I asked to speak with the manager I was told by the tall male receptionist he was too busy and wouldnt see me for another hour I was disgusted and walked away I would never treat my guests this way, I suggest you ask the guest if you can help with any complaints. I feel customer care course would be helpful.
On the saturday night I was woken at 1am by the room above which sounded like they were fighting and throwing things around the room as a female traveller I found this very intimidating I had to call night reception which dealt with the issue very quickly but mabey they should be doing hourly walkrounds at the weekend. I would also like to suggest that you have extra teas. coffee ect.. at the receptionist desk as when I asked for extra they did not have any and also could not provide, I also felt this wasnt great customer care as I walked away from your desk unhappy. I would not stay here again if ever visiting Paris.

Room Tip: If you walk out of the hotel and turn left walk around 500 yards you will find an excellent Italian...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed April 18, 2013

The rooms were small, the elevator was old and small and I was worried it was going to break down. The only plus to this hotel was that it was right next to a metro station and it was inside a mall. The staff at the hotel were rude and seemed annoyed when we would ask them directions, questions etc.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank J M

Travelers are raving about these Paris hotels

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed January 18, 2013

Advantages:

Very good break fast
Neat and Clean
On call taxi facility
Good management
Comfortable beds
Good for business trips

Disadvantages:

No room service
Rooms are very small
No swimming pool
No free pick up facility from Airport

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Cambridge
Reviewed January 11, 2013

Walking from the Gare Du Nord to this Hotel was the first time I have ever seen someone take a dump on the pavement in broad daylight, and this was a high-point to our trip to Paris.

The room was tiny, the location must be in one of the roughest parts of Paris and there was no fridge. Thankfully, we had a balcony which we could sit at during the evenings.. unfortunatley the view was of poverty and dirty streets.

Please, when reading this don't assume I am a posh snob who is used to 5* hotels, I'm young and generally dont care where I rest my head.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Olliejc
London
Reviewed October 21, 2012 via mobile

My family consisting of my husband and 2 children aged 5 & 8 stayed at this hotel For 1 night as we had gone to a wedding in the area. This hotel is very basic, the rooms were clean and the space available was adequate. We had 2 rooms adjoining which was nice. The bathroom was especially basic but again clean.

Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Attleboro, Massachusetts
Reviewed October 11, 2012

This was the last hotel we stayed at from a tour we took of Northen France. We stayed at some very quaint clean hotels around the country. This place was a dump. From the moment you walked into this walk in closet of a room. The carpets had mold and all kinds of stains. We slept with socks on to make sure we did not steep on that gross floor if we had to get up.It was a sad place to spend your last night in Paris. My advice check with your tour operator first and find out what hotels they are using.

Room Tip: Book a room at the InterContinental in downtown Paris.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 10, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel as part of a tour. The hotel was clean and offered everything you would expect and need. The hotel is close to public transport and only s short train trip into the heart of Paris. The breakfast was good and there were plenty of options to choose from. The shower leaked water all over the bathroom floor. Staff are friendly but reluctant or limited in speaking to you in English.

• Stayed August 2012