This is a reasonable option in very central Paris. Close to Metro stop Place de la Madelaine, but many attractions are actually in walking distance, if you do not mind walking 20 minutes. The hotel itself is a small, 3 star establishment, nothing to write home about, but it provides clean, reasonable size rooms (by Paris standards - superior room may be around 20 m2), well maintained decor, sufficient storage space, small LCD television and separate bathroom and wc, although both are tiny. I usually stay in 4 or 5 star hotels, both business and private. I chose this hotel this time for its good location and because higher class hotels were either full or their prices were astronomic. All in all, I was satisfied with the decision. Two details: (1) if you want to sleep late ask for a room on a higher floor or looking onto the small court - garbage is collected around 7:30 and loudly and (2) breakfast was a correct buffet but became boring after 3 days and is charged as extra for 30 EUR. So if you are on budget or you want more variance you can step out to the cafes on Place Madelaine and sit out onto a terrace. An interesting touch - the hotel owner has been a collector of autographs in the sixties, as a lot of Beatles, Jimi Hendrix and other Woodstock era heros signatures and photoes are on display. In fact they also give you a book as present with these. So if you belonged to the hippy generation or you were in love with John, Paul or Ringo do not miss this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Le Relais Madeleine offers 23 rooms (including one Suite). Charm, elegance, refinement and harmony are words that can define the “ambiance” you will find in this house. A few paces away from the Madeleine Church, the Opera and the place de la Concorde, the hotel occupies a charming XIXth century building on the rue Godot de Mauroy that links the place de la Madeleine with the Department Stores. Very near by: the fashion boutiques of the rue du Faubourg Saint-Honoré, the Museums (Pinacothèque, Louvre, Orsay, Orangerie) the Theatres (Edouard VI, Mathurins, Michel, The Olympia) and Gastronomic Paris with its numerous and tempting restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda and Jetsetter so you can book your Le Relais Madeleine reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Relais Madeleine Hotel Paris
- Le Relais Madeleine Paris