“Girls hen weekend in Paris”
Review of O'Kari Hammam

O'Kari Hammam
Ranked #7 of 910 Spas & Wellness in Paris
More attraction details
Owner description: To bring the age-old traditions of the Hammam (steam room) to modern life, and to transmit the precious values of this practice to other women – these are the desires that motivated Karisma Lasfar to share her culture and its history. The opening of O’Kari Hammam-spa was the fulfilment of these long-cherished aspirations.How much time do you have ? Karima wants to know if you have enough time to spare to receive the true Hammam experience. Two hours at least! And three would be much better! That’s because the Hammam experience at O’Kari is the polar opposite of all those “express” beauty treatments offered elsewhere.A sign of refinement and civilization in antiquity, the Hammam is an art of living, a rite dedicated to the harmony and the beauty of the body. This deserves all the time we can spare.
Reviewed November 17, 2012

A group of 12 Irish and English girls descended on a paris for a hen weekend and on the Sunday morning we went to O Kari hamman. We had the place to ourselves and the staff were so helpful, courteous and professional. We had the 72 euro decouverte treatment and had a two hour slot in which we had our exfoliation treatment, use of steam room and jacuzzi. The whole experience was five star from start to finish and I would recommend it to any woman who is looking to visit a hamman in Paris. It was incredible.

All reviews
"amazing experience"
"take your time"
"therapist"

Reviewed September 27, 2012

I just returned from my second visit to O"Kari hammam in Paris and it was just as wonderful the second time around. My skin is fresh and soft, and feel rejuvinated after the 2 hour experience.
One thing to make sure before you go, get the code for the door. There is no sign at the outside door location and you need the code to get in. Once inside there is a beautiful courtyard that leads into the lower level where the spa is.
I buy the argan oil and orange blossom face oil and it is the nicest smelling and moisturizing product.
This place is not for the modest....all women and no clothing. Just the plastic panty! Go and enjoy!

1  Thank Middlespahr
O'Kari H, Responsable réception at O'Kari Hammam, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2013

Dear Madam,

Thank you very much for writing a review on Tripadvisor. We are delighted that our place seduces you and hope to see you soon in O'Kari.

Reviewed August 2, 2012

Karima is the lovely proprietor of the Hammam. She is a gracious and welcoming host. The ladies who work there are equally lovely and talented at their jobs.

First you disrobe and then enter the Hammam. The steam filled room smells lovely and is relaxing. Different from North American experiences, you are nude throughout the day, but it's a women only establishment and to be honest, I didn't fret about it in the least.

When your time in the Hammam is done, you are taken for your treatments. The treatments are done in a communal stone and tiled room. You lie on a heated stone slab, which one would think could be uncomfortable but it's not. It's was relaxing and the heated stone felt great. Every inch of me was exfoliated, scrubbed, buffed and polished.  The water was always the perfect temperature. I almost melted into the stone, I was so relaxed.

One of the other reasons I chose O'Kari was all the products are completely natural and made in front of you. I had a facial and hair masque, both effective and soothing. After, you go to the small pool or bath. You then alternate between the cool bath the the Hammam again. This was bliss.

As you go back and forth from pool to Hammam, you're brought delicious house made. After a time, you're brought to another space, where you receive a wonderful massage, and lovely, lightly scented oil is rubbed into your skin.

There is no rushing here and it's perfect. It was an incredible and unique.  Thank-you to Karima and her talented staff for such a remarkable day.

5  Thank Jennifer M
O'Kari H, Responsable commercial at O'Kari Hammam, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2013

Reviewed July 12, 2012

I took my friend here as a surprise for her 50th. After a little trepidation, we allowed ourselves to relax and really enjoy the experience. It is quite confronting. Naked except for a tiny paper g-string, but everyone is so relaxed, after while, it doesn't matter. The steam room is VERY hot, but it certainly does the job opening the pores, then the actual scrub is amazing. We also had a facial, hair treatment and massage ( one of the best I've had ). My skin has never felt so good. The owner is a lovely lady, who surprised my friend was a candle, song and complimentary drink and cakes. Not cheap at all, but a truly wonderful experience.

O'Kari H, Responsable relations publiques at O'Kari Hammam, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2013