“Overall good quiet hotel but not remote, friendly staff... lacking good bar and gym”
Review of Hotel Banke

Hotel Banke
Ranked #281 of 1,801 Hotels in Paris
New York
Reviewed June 10, 2014

Our first time staying at a 4 star in Paris (usually stay at 5 stars) but wanted to try something a little more hip and less stuffy. We chose Banke for a few reasons including price, gym, and what seemed to be a more social bar atmosphere compared to the 5 star boutique we usually visit in Paris. Our main issue was with the bar staff who seemed more interested in his cigarette needs than his patrons, but maybe I don't understand France. The second issue was the gym, which is practically non existent. To be fair, our room was nice and the bed and sound privacy were quite good for Europe. The housekeeping staff was noticeably on their game and the bell hops / door staff are extremely hard working and very, very friendly. The folks at the desk were very helpful and we had a lot of needs. Overall I would recommend the hotel but we likely will not return until they improve the gym. If cocktails and working out aren't important to you, you should be happy here.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JohnTripper

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed June 7, 2014

Great Hotel with very warm and welcoming staff - Very efficient service - Breakfast can be better especially the presentation and the choice - AC was bit cold in breakfast room - Very attentive staff and whenever we ask for anything it used to be delivered withing seconds . Rooms are very large however you hear the echo of the subway running - my only negative comment -

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Samer A
DireccionDerbyHotels, Responsable relations publiques at Hotel Banke, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience.

We are really delighted that you enjoyed your stay.

I am at your disposal : eperello@derbyhotels.com

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed June 4, 2014

I can't say enough GREAT things about the staff and the Hotel Banke in Paris overall. The staff was very friendly, attentive and accommodating. The FOOD (we ate all of our breakfasts/lunches in the hotel for 5 days) was EXCELLENT. The lobby was exquisite and the lobby bar staff was also very friendly and hard working. I would HIGHLY recommend staying here, whether for business or pleasure.

Room Tip: I stayed on the busy street, and even there, when windows were closed, you couldn't hear anythin...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank RosalieGeier
Dear Guest,

Thank you really much for your comment.

It makes us really happy and give a good energy to pushed us to be better every day.

We are really glad that you enjoyed your stay and we keep a really good memory of you.

Sincerely yours
London
Reviewed June 4, 2014

I was in Paris for a business trip and was booked here by the client. Having been to Paris many times, I was interested to stay in a new place.

The staff were all very helpful and, having had a delayed flight and an early start, I was excited to get upgraded. The only sad part was that with just a short time, I felt like I wasn't really able to take advantage of the luxury of the room or the services, like the bar, as it looked very nice.

My only suggestion was that, even though I was not directly next to it, I could clearly hear the "ding" from the elevator arriving/doors opening. I propose that this be made MUCH softer or removed altogether. The sound from the doors opening should be enough.

I hope to go back another time and take better advantage!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Mlada Boleslav, Czech Republic
Reviewed June 1, 2014

after a long time we have got into hotel where was very friendly staff and looked after as always with a smile on their face. Very nice and luxury accomodation which we haven't used for 100% suxh as laundry, fitness, spa etc. Close to the centre and metro. We recommend this hotel and its staff very much.

Vit and Natalia

Room Tip: we had a delux room and it was what we expected. Advice to search hotel websites.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
DireccionDerbyHotels, Responsable relations publiques at Hotel Banke, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
Dear Guests,

Thank you so much for taking some time to share your experience.

I m pleased that you really had a pleasant time.

The whole team of the hotel thank you and we stay at your entire disposal.

Trinidad
Reviewed May 28, 2014

On arrival at this hotel we were greeted by the doorman who was very welcoming. I arrived early and was able to get the room way before check in and was also upgraded to a very spacious, very trendy room. ALL of the staff was extremely friendly and welcoming. I cant stress enough how nice the staff was to us, everyone, i cant remember all of their names but Lucie the concierge was extremely helpful and patient. She booked all our dinners and shows and advise us well about timing etc. The location is also perfect, walking distance to everything and lots of cafes around for breakfast ( real French style),close to the trendy department stores, pharmcies, grocery etc.
My stay at this hotel was very comfortable and happy. I will definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Guests,

Thank you so much for taking some time to write a comment.

Our duty is to satisfy you and we do our best to make your stay more easy.

Again, thank you very much.

I am at your disposal if you need anything : eperello@derbyhotels.com

Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed May 27, 2014

On arrival at the hotel late in the evening after travelling from NZ I was shown to a gorgeous, spacious room only to find one bed when I had booked 2 as I had my niece joining me in a day or two. I pointed this out and the problem was solved immediately and I was moved to another room that was also gorgeous and spacious. I loved the breakfast set up, food and service and in fact overall the service was great throughout the hotel. Things that could have gone better were that it would have been good to have an iron and ironing board and for my key card to stop locking me out of the room. The location was great for shopping and very close to Galeries Lafayette. I would definitely stay again when I'm in Paris next. It's worth just stopping in to view the fantastic foyer!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your comment.

We take all demand with consideration and we find always an immediately issue.

Please, be sure that we are taking a good note about your recommendation.

Dear guest, I am at your disposal