“Lovely Stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #278 of 1,795 Hotels in Paris
New Braunfels, Texas
“Lovely Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2014

This was the hotel I chose for my first stay in Paris and it did not disappoint! While it may not be close to some of the main attractions in the 1st Arrondissement, it was a short commute and also made it easy to visit Montmarte. The service was very friendly, the food was fantastic, and the accommodations were great. I sprang for a bigger room and had plenty of space to spread out! I would absolutely recommend this hotel!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank AndreaCPM01
DireccionDerbyHotels, Responsable relations publiques at Hotel Banke, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Dear guest,

First of all, Thank you so much to share your experience with all internet user.

I am very delighted that you enjoy your stay.

Please feel free to contact me when you want to come back, i would be pleased to welcome you : eperello@derbyhotels.com.

Kinds regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
Edinburgh
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2014 via mobile

Walking into the public areas will WOW you, the decor is like walking into a palace.

The rooms are well decorated and a real delight.

It's in a great central location with lots of fantastic restaurants within walking distance.

My only criticism is the slow wifi, but was a great reason to put my laptop down and enjoy what the city has to offer.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2014

It was my first time in Paris in over 10 years and I was looking for a romantic, central hotel where we could just relax as necessary.

I emailed the hotel before my arrival as the Eurostar got in much earlier than check in time. The hotel responded promptly and confirmed that they would see if our room was ready when we arrived if not we could drop our bags.

When we checked in there were no awkward questions (as a gay couple sometimes hotels ask whether we meant to book a twin room etc) and the service was first rate. Our room wasn't ready but they let us drop the bags and took them to our room when it was ready, meaning we got back from a busy day out and our things were waiting for us.

The hotel was immaculate and the smell from the incense was pleasant, not overwhelming. Our room was very quiet although it was pretty warm and the AC didn't seem all that powerful. Very impressed that there was a turn down service (lots of hotels don't bother) which included a small rug being put either side of the bed.

I couldn't fault the hotel except maybe the interesting decor in the main toilets in reception, although I will leave you to discover that on your own.

I will definitely stay there again when I am in Paris and will strongly consider the other locations.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
DireccionDerbyHotels, Responsable relations publiques at Hotel Banke, responded to this review, April 4, 2014
Dear Guests,

Thank you so much for taking some of your time to write a comment.

I m pleased that you've enjoyed our welcome and our service.

We do our best to make your stay more easier and more comfortable.

Please, feel free to contact me when you want to come back, i will be delighted to welcome you : eperello@derbyhotels.com

Best regards,
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2014 via mobile

Very lovely hotel. Easily Accessible. Many nice places in walking distance.

Small but nice rooms. Nice lobby. Staff is very friendly. They try to make your stay a pleasant one.

Would be good choice for short stays and without kids.

Slow internet connection.

Stayed March 2014
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2014

Grand entrance, beautiful decor, felt like I was walking into a modern day palace! Great friendly staff, efficient check in. The rooms are a bit small but with a luxurious feel, no desk so had to make conference calls sitting on my bed. Breakfast buffet one of the better in Paris, loved the champagne bottles...that was a first to me. Will stay here again, for sure

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Jesper K
DireccionDerbyHotels, Responsable relations publiques at Hotel Banke, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your coment.
I m very glad to see you ve enjoyed your stay.
Just for your information, we got two rooms for working where the wifi is very high. So don t hesitate to ask at the front desk for the meeting room.

I am at your disposal,

All my best,
boston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2014

Stayed here for the first time for business. It's a great hotel in a great location. The staff really makes this place. The rooms are comfortable, but not ideal for business. The décor is pleasing. The location cannot be beat. The staff went out of their way to help a colleague who was pickpocketed on the Metro. They took them to the police station and filled out all the forms for her. Amazing. There are only two downsides: the Metro runs underneath, so you can feel trains during the day, but not at night. Get a room on the 2nd floor or above. Second, they burn a lot of incense at night. It's part of the ambience, so if you like that sort of thing it's fine.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank drgregbos
Dear guest,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience.
I m glad to see that you enjoyed our service. We are always at the disposal of our guest. You can count on us!

Don t hesitate to contact me if you want to come back : eperello@derbyhotels.com I will be delighted to welcome you.

All my Best,