“ Beautiful boutique hotel”
Review of Hotel Banke

Hotel Banke
Ranked #266 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed April 4, 2014 via mobile

Walking into the public areas will WOW you, the decor is like walking into a palace.

The rooms are well decorated and a real delight.

It's in a great central location with lots of fantastic restaurants within walking distance.

My only criticism is the slow wifi, but was a great reason to put my laptop down and enjoy what the city has to offer.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed March 30, 2014

It was my first time in Paris in over 10 years and I was looking for a romantic, central hotel where we could just relax as necessary.

I emailed the hotel before my arrival as the Eurostar got in much earlier than check in time. The hotel responded promptly and confirmed that they would see if our room was ready when we arrived if not we could drop our bags.

When we checked in there were no awkward questions (as a gay couple sometimes hotels ask whether we meant to book a twin room etc) and the service was first rate. Our room wasn't ready but they let us drop the bags and took them to our room when it was ready, meaning we got back from a busy day out and our things were waiting for us.

The hotel was immaculate and the smell from the incense was pleasant, not overwhelming. Our room was very quiet although it was pretty warm and the AC didn't seem all that powerful. Very impressed that there was a turn down service (lots of hotels don't bother) which included a small rug being put either side of the bed.

I couldn't fault the hotel except maybe the interesting decor in the main toilets in reception, although I will leave you to discover that on your own.

I will definitely stay there again when I am in Paris and will strongly consider the other locations.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
DireccionDerbyHotels, Responsable relations publiques at Hotel Banke, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2014

Dear Guests,

Thank you so much for taking some of your time to write a comment.

I m pleased that you've enjoyed our welcome and our service.

We do our best to make your stay more easier and more comfortable.

Please, feel free to contact me when you want to come back, i will be delighted to welcome you : eperello@derbyhotels.com

Best regards,

Reviewed March 28, 2014 via mobile

Very lovely hotel. Easily Accessible. Many nice places in walking distance.

Small but nice rooms. Nice lobby. Staff is very friendly. They try to make your stay a pleasant one.

Would be good choice for short stays and without kids.

Slow internet connection.

Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed March 11, 2014

Grand entrance, beautiful decor, felt like I was walking into a modern day palace! Great friendly staff, efficient check in. The rooms are a bit small but with a luxurious feel, no desk so had to make conference calls sitting on my bed. Breakfast buffet one of the better in Paris, loved the champagne bottles...that was a first to me. Will stay here again, for sure

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Jesper K
DireccionDerbyHotels, Responsable relations publiques at Hotel Banke, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your coment.
I m very glad to see you ve enjoyed your stay.
Just for your information, we got two rooms for working where the wifi is very high. So don t hesitate to ask at the front desk for the meeting room.

I am at your disposal,

All my best,

Reviewed February 26, 2014

Stayed here for the first time for business. It's a great hotel in a great location. The staff really makes this place. The rooms are comfortable, but not ideal for business. The décor is pleasing. The location cannot be beat. The staff went out of their way to help a colleague who was pickpocketed on the Metro. They took them to the police station and filled out all the forms for her. Amazing. There are only two downsides: the Metro runs underneath, so you can feel trains during the day, but not at night. Get a room on the 2nd floor or above. Second, they burn a lot of incense at night. It's part of the ambience, so if you like that sort of thing it's fine.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank drgregbos

Dear guest,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience.
I m glad to see that you enjoyed our service. We are always at the disposal of our guest. You can count on us!

Don t hesitate to contact me if you want to come back : eperello@derbyhotels.com I will be delighted to welcome you.

All my Best,

Reviewed February 21, 2014

It is not a 5 star hotel but neither are its prices.
It is a very good and stylish 4 star hotel.
Great public areas, although I am not to keen on the incense in the lobby, and friendly staff.
Breakfast buffet, with hot orders of eggs available, is first rate.
I have been several times and always opt for a bigger room which are very nicely decorated and have lots of room. it is of course more expensive but a fraction of what the same room would cost in a 5 star.
I have been several times and expect to continue to return when I visit Paris.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 20, 2014

If you are searching for that hotel filled with 40- and 50-somethings trying to pretend they are still in their beautiful 20s and 30s, this is your place. We stayed at Hotel Banke a couple years ago, and marveled at the transformation of this formidable structure from a turn-of-the-century bank to a chic-chic hotel in what must be the rightest part of the Right Bank. Picking up on it after a great NY Times suggestion, we found it amazing. The lobby is striking and the décor of the public areas is truly something to behold. But a few years on, the thin veneer of what must have been a very substantial investment has started to wear away. The hotel staff, with the exception of one outstanding bellman, was anemic. The doors had punctured holes in the walls where the stoppers had fallen away. The "hamam," really just a sauna with a couple showers outside of it, had a tattered "out-of-order" taped to its door: evidence the sign had been there for a while. Clearly, the prices that exclude the youthful kids from bringing to life such a swank piece of real estate allow only those who wish they were still that young and hip. It makes for interesting people watching at breakfast. Like all hotels in this special category, the rooms pale in comparison to the public spaces. Each room apparently has only one very cool chair in it, with another chair being a 2-hour effort at deft negotiation with some uninterested front desk staff. Still, to be fair, Hotel Banke can't be beat for location - as convenient as they come and just steps from so many great parts of Paris. And the structure itself is to be envied. If breakfast is your thing, choose this hotel - the buffet breakfast is really, really good. I'd stay here if the price seems reasonable to you for a higher-end, but not 5 star, hotel. I think you'll find that this fine property is just to the right side of prime though, like so many of its guest.

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade of some sort - the baseline rooms are smaller than your bathroom at home.