“Single room for business travel”
Review of Hotel Banke

Hotel Banke
Ranked #266 of 1,803 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed December 25, 2013

Good location and beautiful lobby. I was expecting it to be small, but the single room was TINY. The room was at an angle, not enough space for a rectangle. The toilet is separate from the sink/bath but good sized. It's the actual bedroom part that is kind of claustrophobic. The furnishings are luxurious. I stayed in Dec and the heat was cranked up, it was incredibly stuffy and even opening the window a crack facing the indoor atrium was not enough to be comfortable. The staff is very nice and helpful. For business travel, I would try to find a bigger place for next time for the price.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed December 3, 2013

We were very lucky to pick BANKE, as it is very close to the Airport bus terminal in Scribe Rue, the Rouge buses at the Opera and the Lafayette Galleries. We enjoyed quiet nights, our room 607 was spacious and their service very efficient. Breakfast served downstairs is rich and the staff helpful and polite. Having drinks in their spectacularly decorated bar or from your mini bar is rather dear, so I wouldn't recommend it.

Room Tip: High floors offer a nice roof top view and their elevators are very fast.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
DireccionDerbyHotels, Responsable relations publiques at Hotel Banke, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much to share your great experience at the hotel banke.

Indeed, we are well located just close by the Galerie Lafayette, Opera and le Printemps.

I m looking forward to hearing from you.

All my best

Reviewed December 3, 2013 via mobile

Although The staff was very nice. There were a lot of mishaps that happen. First off yes it's true the rooms are very small for two. We were on our last leg of our honeymoon. Each hotel that we went to be got upgraded. When we came here we were told out you're in the executive room. Executive room is very small for two people. We figured 6days we can ride it out. From the front desk to the bellhop everyone was sweet. But asking for ice or glass and a few other amenities took forever or did not show up. I would stay here the next time I'm in France but I will make sure I am not in an executive room! PS when you're in the shower make sure the person that is using bathroom doesn't flush hot water or cold water will come out of shower.

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed November 24, 2013

Recommended by friends this place was a good stay overall, though there is room for improvement. Comfy bed is a superior room (might opt for executive next time) it was stylish and well designed. Technical problems were attended to immediately by the front of house staff and anything we needed was there in minutes (extra towels, adapters etc.) Good: the bed, the amenities and the cleanliness. Not so ideal: heater in bathroom was erratic, water spilled out from shower onto floor meaning we had to mop it up. Room at top of house needed a lot of heat. The fitness room was rubbish. Little details were also erratic..two days we got chocolates, one day none, then another day just two. Felt like Mummy was punishing us for not tidying our room properly. All that said, we'll come back again. Great location and fair value.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
DireccionDerbyHotels, Responsable relations publiques at Hotel Banke, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your comment.

You have to kno that "Mummy deserves sweets every day;-)" So tne nex time come please let me know and i will take care of you : eperello@derbyhotels.com

Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

I was very happy with the central location of this hotel(close to the department stores/Opera house) and the comfortable and clean rooms. We had a great big window with a street view that was delightful in the morning. We had an executive room with a beautiful new bathroom and large bed with sitting area. The lobby was nice and the staff friendly and helpful.

The cons I would say was the very overpriced breakfast(29 euros!), heat regulation was off so no matter what it always felt really hot in the room, and poor, very poor WIFI. If you are a person traveling on business this is a definite negative. The cleaning lady did a great job cleaning but always moved our things to where she wanted not where We did. My toothbrush and razor is not yours to touch!

Overall we would return if they really worked on the WIFI, if not we would stay elsewhere on our next visit.

Stayed: November 2013

Dear Guest,

First of all, thank you for your comment.

We have a good news, we find out a way to fix the WIFI.

So This is with pleasure, that you can come back and we will can ensured you it is operating accuratly

I would be please to welcome you, feel free to contact me : eperello@derbyhotels.com

Reviewed November 21, 2013

Well located (next to the Opera and to the Galleries Lafayette) very charming hotel in a builduing which used to be a bank - guess that that is the reason for the name. Hotel belongs to a Spanish chain (Derby). The hall is impressive, the staff is very polite and friendly. Our executive room was good value for the money in a city where most good hotels are much too expensive and rooms tend to be tiny. Room 402 was in fact big enough, with a WC separate from the (lovely) bathroom.
Wifi is free but not very quick and broke down several times during our stay. Breakfast (€ 29/person) and minibar (Coke is € 8,50!) are very expensive - we did not use neither nor.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your feedback.

I m glad that you had a good stay.

I m looking forward to hearing from you...

All my Best,

Reviewed November 19, 2013

After reading mixed reviews(especially in french),I thought I'd try this hotel.
On arrival the service was prompt,friendly and efficient.I was kindly upgraded which was a pleasant surprise.I found the lobby great .Baroque,Rococco style.The room was on the 4th floor.
Again I loved the decoration.It was a good size with a sofa.Bed was comfy.Bathroom was excellent.Big and well kept.Fluffy towels and bathrooms.
I enjoyed having a late night coffee at the bar listening to relaxing music.Paris was cold during my stay but the hotel was warm and well heated.Very cozy.
I didn't have breakfast since I'm a coffee and toast man and didn't want to waste euros 29.-.
The check-out was again quick and well done.Transport to airport was well organised.
In my opinion a couple of things could be added to make the stay even better.The room has no writing table so can't really work.I would have appreciated a tea or coffee maker.At the very least a bottle of complimentary water should be provided.Gym is sub-standard.
The hotel promotes re-using towels etc etc..which is great but why provide 6 pillows for one person?
Anyway if you want a friendly,stylish,efficient hotel try out the Banke.In my opinion it is better value than the 5 stars nearby and return I will.

Room Tip: Don't stay near the lift............
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
DireccionDerbyHotels, Responsable relations publiques at Hotel Banke, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2013

Dear Guest,

We really apprciate your comment.
We also take note of yours ideas.

All my Best,