“Parisian Pleasant”

Ranked #295 of 1,802 Hotels in Paris
Boston, Massachusetts
“Parisian Pleasant”
Reviewed November 24, 2013

Recommended by friends this place was a good stay overall, though there is room for improvement. Comfy bed is a superior room (might opt for executive next time) it was stylish and well designed. Technical problems were attended to immediately by the front of house staff and anything we needed was there in minutes (extra towels, adapters etc.) Good: the bed, the amenities and the cleanliness. Not so ideal: heater in bathroom was erratic, water spilled out from shower onto floor meaning we had to mop it up. Room at top of house needed a lot of heat. The fitness room was rubbish. Little details were also erratic..two days we got chocolates, one day none, then another day just two. Felt like Mummy was punishing us for not tidying our room properly. All that said, we'll come back again. Great location and fair value.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
DireccionDerbyHotels, Responsable relations publiques at Hotel Banke, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your comment.

You have to kno that "Mummy deserves sweets every day;-)" So tne nex time come please let me know and i will take care of you : eperello@derbyhotels.com

All my best,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

I was very happy with the central location of this hotel(close to the department stores/Opera house) and the comfortable and clean rooms. We had a great big window with a street view that was delightful in the morning. We had an executive room with a beautiful new bathroom and large bed with sitting area. The lobby was nice and the staff friendly and helpful.

The cons I would say was the very overpriced breakfast(29 euros!), heat regulation was off so no matter what it always felt really hot in the room, and poor, very poor WIFI. If you are a person traveling on business this is a definite negative. The cleaning lady did a great job cleaning but always moved our things to where she wanted not where We did. My toothbrush and razor is not yours to touch!

Overall we would return if they really worked on the WIFI, if not we would stay elsewhere on our next visit.

Stayed November 2013
Dear Guest,

First of all, thank you for your comment.

We have a good news, we find out a way to fix the WIFI.

So This is with pleasure, that you can come back and we will can ensured you it is operating accuratly

I would be please to welcome you, feel free to contact me : eperello@derbyhotels.com

Berlin, Germany
Reviewed November 21, 2013

Well located (next to the Opera and to the Galleries Lafayette) very charming hotel in a builduing which used to be a bank - guess that that is the reason for the name. Hotel belongs to a Spanish chain (Derby). The hall is impressive, the staff is very polite and friendly. Our executive room was good value for the money in a city where most good hotels are much too expensive and rooms tend to be tiny. Room 402 was in fact big enough, with a WC separate from the (lovely) bathroom.
Wifi is free but not very quick and broke down several times during our stay. Breakfast (€ 29/person) and minibar (Coke is € 8,50!) are very expensive - we did not use neither nor.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your feedback.

I m glad that you had a good stay.

I m looking forward to hearing from you...

All my Best,
geneva
Reviewed November 19, 2013

After reading mixed reviews(especially in french),I thought I'd try this hotel.
On arrival the service was prompt,friendly and efficient.I was kindly upgraded which was a pleasant surprise.I found the lobby great .Baroque,Rococco style.The room was on the 4th floor.
Again I loved the decoration.It was a good size with a sofa.Bed was comfy.Bathroom was excellent.Big and well kept.Fluffy towels and bathrooms.
I enjoyed having a late night coffee at the bar listening to relaxing music.Paris was cold during my stay but the hotel was warm and well heated.Very cozy.
I didn't have breakfast since I'm a coffee and toast man and didn't want to waste euros 29.-.
The check-out was again quick and well done.Transport to airport was well organised.
In my opinion a couple of things could be added to make the stay even better.The room has no writing table so can't really work.I would have appreciated a tea or coffee maker.At the very least a bottle of complimentary water should be provided.Gym is sub-standard.
The hotel promotes re-using towels etc etc..which is great but why provide 6 pillows for one person?
Anyway if you want a friendly,stylish,efficient hotel try out the Banke.In my opinion it is better value than the 5 stars nearby and return I will.

Room Tip: Don't stay near the lift............
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
DireccionDerbyHotels, Responsable relations publiques at Hotel Banke, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Dear Guest,

We really apprciate your comment.
We also take note of yours ideas.

All my Best,
West Chester, Pennsylvania
Reviewed November 14, 2013

We spent 4 nights in this hotel. Location is great (75 yards from Galeries Lafayette, Starbucks 60 yards away, a little Epicerie across the street and Metro entrance around 80 yards).
Hotel entrance is very nice and room was spacious, clean, and very quiet (deluxe room). The cons are: expensive breakfast (29 euros), but we went to Jean across the street and had delicious croissants, coffee, yogurt, and fresh squeezed OJ. Other BIG con is the lack of a door for the bathroom. I know some couples are ok with that, but I like the door closed when doing my "business." The front desk said that deluxe rooms do not have a door and the "mgmt" is aware. For this reason, I would not return. If they add doors, I'd probably come back! I scored it a 3 on the rooms because of the door issue, otherwise it would have been a solid 4.
Other weird thing, especially for France, no wash clothes.

Room Tip: Ask if you have a bathroom door.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank snemrava
New York City, New York
Reviewed November 10, 2013

We recently stayed at the Hotel Banke and had a wonderful experience. The rooms were large by European standards and well appointed. The hotel offered great customer service and the staff were delightful. The location is great--close to great shopping, restaurants and the sites.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
DireccionDerbyHotels, Responsable relations publiques at Hotel Banke, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Dear guest,

We really appreciate your feedback.

Thank you for your comment.

I will be delighted to take care of you during your next stay.
feel free to contact me : eperello@derbyhotels.com

Hertfordshire, Uk
Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

Lovely ambience & decor in the reception, staff were helpful. Sweets are reception were tasty & quirky touch.
Room was quite small looking out into the middle of the hotel, which was slightly strange. Had to keep curtains closed at all times. Bathroom was nice very big & nice & clean. Breakfast was very nice, omelette was tasty.
Bit pricey but good choice.

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business