“Quart into a pint pot?”
Review of Hotel Banke

Hotel Banke
Ranked #239 of 1,805 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed October 1, 2012

This 'superior' twin bedded room was the smallest room I have ever stayed in..There was no space for luggage, and the twin beds could not even be separated. Some staff were helpful, restaurant staff left a lot to be desired.

Room Tip: Try another hotel!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Carole B
DireccionDerbyHotels, Directeur général at Hotel Banke, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2012

Dear guest,

Thank you for choosing us for your stay in Paris.

We do regret that your time with us was not satisfying at all. The superior room has two wardrobes and what I think is enough space to leave the baggage. All in all, there are many different rooms and we always listen to our guests if they are not feeling fine with the one they get. I'm afraid that in this case we've learn that from your comments here in Tripadvisor, so no way to react.

I'll be more than pleased to welcome you back anytime you want. I hope next time you can really experience a good moment with us.

Xavi Vega

Write a ReviewReviews (1,343)

Reviewed September 29, 2012

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Norbert H

Reviewed September 26, 2012

The one positive thing about my stay at Banke is that I arrived before check in time and they were able to give me a room, however it had a twin bed and was the size of a closet. Thankfully they switched me to a bigger room with a bigger bed (two twin beds strapped together). It was impossible to turn the air conditioning down (not the end of the world, i like it cold), they were sanding the floors in lobby all day so it smelled like a BBQ and it was extremely loud. This was also not the end of the world as it got me out of my room. The 29 euro breakfast looked to leave a lot to be desired so instead I walked about 10 minutes to Rose Bakery on Rue des Martyrs which is incredible (organic, healthy, etc).

If I hadn't paid 280 euro per night I probably wouldn't be writing this review but this hotel was a rip off.

Room Tip: i imagine a high floor room not facing the street would be better
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Elitaste
DireccionDerbyHotels, Directeur général at Hotel Banke, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2012

Dear guest,

Thank you for choosing us for your stay in Paris and for taking your time to share your experience here in Tripadvisor.

Obviously, we are upset that you haven't enjoyed your time with us. If you ever change your advice, we'll be pleased to welcome you back and find together a room more convenient for you. I'm sure you'll have a good and pleasant stay.

I'm sorry if the works at the lobby disturbed you in any way. It's just a treatment that rarely takes place and that we've done to keep our equipments spotless for you to enjoy them.

Please, do not hesitate in contact me if you ever decide to come back.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

À very nice hotell situated on Rue Lafayette!
Very good walking distance everywhere if you don't mind walking. We walked both to the Louvre and to Montmartre and there is 2 subway stations really close wich were great when wanting to go back after a late dinner on the town!
The rooms were "Paris standard small" but when you are ine Paris you don't wanna stay the whole day in your room Do you ;)
A really chick layout on the hotel and the lobby and area outside the rooms on the floors are outstandingly chick and modern eclectic.
We never had dinner in the restaurant but the breakfast was well worth the money and very good. The neighberhood cafes are much more expensive if you put together your own breakfast there.
We loved to stay here and would more than be happy to stay here again during our next visit to Paris!

Very nice and friendly staff aswell! Highly recomends this place!

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank Tramsan

Dear guest,

Thank you so much for your excellent comments here in Tripadvisor.

We are absolutely proud that your stay with us was nice and pleasant. We do appreciate your value of our déco, staff and location.

I hope you want to see more and more Paris; we'll be there for you anytime you'd like to come back.

Do not hesitate in contact me to arrange all the details for your next visit.

Warm regards,

Reviewed September 22, 2012

Chosing Banke due to the unavailability of our first choice, this upper-end 4 star hotel is located only moments from the Paris Opera house, the Galleries La Fayette & Printemps stores, hop-on-hop-off bus stops and plenty of eateries, cinemas and street shopping. Other attractions inc. the Louvre, Concorde, Sienne River, La Halles area are all within easy walking distance (less than 15m-20m, rembering most of Paris is very flat) for those who enjoy exploring cities on-foot. It features a flash bar and restaurant in the foyer, as well as an untried breakfast space.
Staff are very friendly and helpful (the language barrier being an only occasional problem) but the flaws in what is, on the surface, an elegant hotel lie in the unseen. Wi-Fi, an essential in today's world, was VERY VERY patchy in both rooms used (our stay was broken by tours) and water pressure in the (large) bathrooms was not strong enough. Further, great distress was experienced when a sizable room deposit ($3K+) was taken off my creditcard without warning, causing me to think my account had been compromised. Only after late night calls to my bank, and some investigation via uncertain front desk staff, did I find the Banke was the cause. This saw me without these funds for approx 3 days, until the deposit was refunded post stay (and 24hrs+ after my room charges had been paid). This needs to be clearer upon check-in or reduced, as the deposit seemed excessive. But the policy is BAD and needs to be reviewed or removed. Anything similar has not been experienced by me at the more expensive, top end hotels elsewhere (and reviewed by me on this site).
But, on the most part the stay was very comfortable and I would consider returning if the above appeared to be resolved. Paris has a reputation for small rooms and questionable staff service, but the Banke we experienced enjoyed large, quiet spaces (both rooms were of the Suite variety) to relax after a long day of site-seeing as well as friendly staff at the service level, all in a great central location.
AREA TIPS: Leave the hotel for breakfast and enjoy a cheap 'petit dejeuner' at any number of cafes within seconds of the hotel. Generally includes coffee, bread & jam plus a croissant. Yum!
Heading out the front door of the Banke usually sees you turn left - toward the Opera House - to site-see. By turning right and walking 4 very short blocks reveals a strip of inexpensive eateries including French brasseries, middle eastern food, asian food, Italian bistros and markets for fresh fruit, snacks and alcohol on the Rue du Faubourg Montmartre.
Monoprix, the supermarket, can also be found 2 blocks south/behind the Banke on the Rue Des Italiens - the second major street behind the hotel, after Rue Haussmann.

3  Thank KICon

Dear guest,

Thank you for choosing us for your stay in Paris.

Thank you too for this comments that are unvaluable to help us improve our performance to keep guests satisfied. We're pleased to know that your stay was good overall and that the staff, the equipments and the location were convenient for you.

We've been already checkin and testing our wifi system to offer the same good speed as usual; I also understand that our preauthorisation policy doesn't fit you. I'll be glad to welcome you back anytime you want, so we can discuss together about the terms and conditions of your next reservation.

Please contact me to do so, I hope we can see you again very soon.

Reviewed September 21, 2012

At over $400 USD a night for a single, this boutique hotel has small rooms, a dirty carpet, and when my colleague borrowed a power adaptor from the front desk, it basically blew up on her. The front desk staff was nice (helped out my colleague and the exploding outlet), but often under-staffed. The location is okay, near great shopping and two blocks from the metro, but not that close to good restaurants or nightlife.
My single room had a twin size bed and the bathroom had only one bath towel, one hand towel and no wash cloth. Not the amenities I would expect at a hotel like this. On my next trip to Paris, I will not be staying at the Banke.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank tkeucla
DireccionDerbyHotels, Directeur général at Hotel Banke, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2012

Dear guest,

I'd like to apologize if the room was not at your expectations level; if you ever change your advice, I'll be at your disposal to find together the room that fits you. Of course we thank your opinion about the amenities and we will work on it.

I think the location is quite convenient for this city; you are close to major attractions as the Opera or the Louvre Museum; an excellent nightclub like The Silencio (designed and thought by David Lynch) is ten minutes walking or a restaurant like le Jean, one star at Michelin guide is five minutes walking too, so I do not agree with you relating the lack of life in this quartier.

All in all, I hope we can welcome you back anytime you want. Please contact me to arrange all the details for your next reservation.

Reviewed September 18, 2012

We spent our anniversary at Hotel Banke and we had an amazing time.
We had a great room - huge bed and fabulous bathroom.
The staff were extremely helpful before and during our stay.
The hotel is in a great location.
Amazing trip to Paris.
We would recommend it highly.
Breakfast very expensive though.

1  Thank sarah_s_12London

Dear guest,

Thank you for this excellent advice here in Tripadvisor!

We do appreciate your value of your stay. It was a pleasure for us to prepare with you all the details for this very special occasion and we are very proud to know that everything has happily ended.

We are at your entire disposal if you ever want to celebrate anything in Paris; as usual, I'll be more than pleased to plan it with you.

Warm regards,