“Avoid like the plague!”

Neighborhood: Odeon / Saint-Michel
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
“Avoid like the plague!”
Reviewed April 16, 2013 via mobile

Went here for a drink after a walk around the Notre Dame. Seemed quite busy so being inquisitive we sat down.

Five minutes passed..... Couple walk out.

Then the waiter comes. Asked for a coca cola and a crepe with banana and chocolat - the waiter looked blank and then went 'ok'

After what seemed like an absolute age he returned. Food was ok. I then asked for the bill. 10 minutes passed no bill. So I asked again..... bill finally returns.

So I gave him exactly €12.70 on the bill, and the waiter then asks cheekily "just €12.70??" I was tempted to throw the tray over his head!!!

If you want a drink served in a ridiculously busy place with shoddy service - come here!!!

Visited April 2013
1 Thank alexfenlon

• Korean first
  • Turkish first
Brisbane, Australia
“Always open!”
Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

After a memorable trip to the summit of the Eiffel Tower on a cold windy night, it was great to stumble upon Le Depart as I exited the Metro at Saint-Michel. It was after midnight and Le Depart was still open. Then I noticed the sign saying open 24 hours. On top of that there is a taxi rank at the door so that solved the problem of getting home after the Metro stops at 01:00.

I chose one of the plats du jour, Boeuf Bourguignon, on the menu. Before long the meal arrived and was accompanied, as always, by assorted bread. Delicious!

You can't go wrong at Le Depart even if its after midnight.

• Visited April 2013
San Diego, California, United States
“Exactly what we were looking for”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

My husband and I both agree this was one of the best experiences we had in Paris. We got the meat and cheese board and an amazing bottle of wine that our waitress recommended. We did not order entrees so I cannot speak to the rest of the food. The atmosphere here is amazing. I think we sat there for about 2 hours enjoying the food, wine, and people watching.

• Visited July 2012
Melbourne, Australia
“Great French meal”
Reviewed March 2, 2013

After spending a day out at Versailles I was in the mood for some French fare. This place was convenient and located in a great area of Paris, decor was comfy and the view was great as the sun set over the city. Had the escargot, steak and Crème brûlée with a couple glasses of wine. Tried my French on the waiter, I dont think he was too impressed but I thoroughly enjoyed it

• Visited April 2012
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Good food done well”
Reviewed February 8, 2013

After a long day, this was just the place I was looking for. Not that I had to look far, because it is right by the exit from the Metro. I was well looked after, and enjoyed my crepes and wine with a view of Notre Dame. If you don't fancy checking out the back streets (this was my first trip to Paris for a long time), then this is a very good restaurant without silly prices.

• Visited February 2013