We had the smallest room and the hotel was nice, just as expected. Unfortunately our restaurant experience was horrible and ruined the stay. I really expected more from the total Mama Shelter experience.
- Very nice bilingual staff at the hotel desk/entrance.
- Minimalistic rooms with beautiful design and a comfy bed, all for a good price.
- Free movies and internet.
- We could leave our luggage at the hotel after checking out.
- A direct bus to The Louvre and Gare Nu Nord almost in front of the hotel.
- Close to cemetery Pere Lachaise.
- It's dark, really dark. You have to like that. Reading in the room is impossible without opening the curtains or moving lights.
- The microwave is a ridiculous extra without the essential plates or mugs.
- Bathroom looks nice, but with the tiny mirror it was 'fighting' for a spot in front of it. And because of the small glass shower 'wall', the entire bathroom was wet after taking a short shower.
- Unfortunately the location is a pity. The Metro stations were all a 15 min walk. So when we came back from a dinner in the city night, it was not a nice neighborhood to walk in. I personally wouldn't walk their alone without my boyfriend. It took a minimum of 30min to get in the city centre by Metro.
The worst was our restaurant experience. Since it's a trendy spot we decided to have our last lunch there before heading home. But the night before we wanted to grab a quick bite at the hotel before having dinner in the city. We decided to share a pizza and a bottle of water . We were pretty hungry so we just started eating and didn't noticed that in stead of the ordered 0,5 liter bottle (€3), the waitress had given us a 1 liter bottle. Then of course we saw a 1 liter bottle for €7 on the bill. I decided to ask the waitress what happened since the 1 liter wasn't on the menu and the price was even more expensive than if we would have asked two 0,5 liter bottles.
Unfortunately the waitress who attended us was extremely rude, not even giving me time to explain my point of view. She gave an arrogant lecture instead of apologizing and mentioning her mistake of giving us the wrong menu (which was apparently daytime in stead of nighttime) and not telling us before serving that she could not serve the daytime 0,5 liter bottles, she expected us to know by ourselves that this was the case. So I got pretty upset because she was giving a terrible attitude, while it was our first time in the restaurant and we were guests at the hotel. Then she just left. We were flabbergasted and didn't know what just happened. Then after almost 10 minutes she stormed back and without saying a word she put down a new bill with a lowered price of €4,50 for the bottle. Even though I already mentioned that I had no problem paying an extra amount of money since we drank the entire bottle. I just wanted to know what happened. But now it became a principle thing for me, about being treated like a human and a paying customer in stead of the terrible feeling she was giving us on our holiday.
There was one very nice waitress who saw the whole thing happen and decided to get the restaurant manager. We hoped she would understand that we felt pretty upset because of the whole thing. But she had the exact same attitude as the waitress. We should have noticed the 1 litter bottle and the wrong menu ourselves. Well... after explaining to her that we can't know we are given the wrong menu and that apparently we are supposed to expect that we will get a wrong order here, she gave is one tiny 'Sorry'. So I paid the bill and decided to never come back. The whole thing from bill to manager costed us more than 20 minutes over a stupid bottle of water! How happy were we when we could leave the hotel!
In stead of having our last lunch at Mama Shelter, we went to this wonderful place called Meli Mellow, 55 Rue de Bagnolet, when you walk down to the Alexandre Dumas Metro. Such nice people, what a contrast!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the historic Saint Blaise neighborhood located in the heart of authentic Paris with its flowerlined cafe terraces, its gardens and its air rebellion, Mama Shelter welcomes you. Sensual and elegant the 172 rooms are equipped with Apple iMacs 27", video on demand (free) and 5 Star bedding (Duvet 100% Satin Coton Sheets). They offer you a serene retreat after a long day in the city and an evening across the street at the mythic Parisian temple of international live music, La Fleche d'Or. Easy access to the Mama Shelter: in the heart of the 20th district, it is conveniently located 16 miles from Charles de Gaulle Airport and 12.5 Miles from Orly Airport. Otherwise, direct connection to the A3 Highway, or next to metro stations. Take a break in Mama Shelter and enjoy: Live Concerts, Cabaret Shows, DJs, Table Soccer, Boutique of Offbeat Products... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, ACCOR and Jetsetter so you can book your Mama Shelter Paris reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mama Shelter Hotel Paris