“Paris Hotels - not luxury hotels”
Review of Hotel Viator

Hotel Viator
Ranked #1,634 of 1,797 Hotels in Paris
Paris
“Paris Hotels - not luxury hotels”
Reviewed November 13, 2013

The Hotel Viator, is yet another one of the very poorly designed and constructed hotels that are so common in Paris. Whether you want to or not, you will participate in the life of the whole hotel. Doors banging, you can follow conversations next to you, or on op of you.Sleep will not be done on your terms.Ah, Paris - there is only one - maybe just as well...

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

2 Thank Johann B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Westport, Ireland
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Unfortunately for me, there are two "Hotel Viator"s in Paris. One is a three star hotel on Rue Parrot, which has some lovely reviews, and the other is this one. I was lucky enough to read the reviews for the former while booking the latter. Oh dear. Firstly, the rooms are tiny. And filthy. The duvet cover was so dirty that my girlfriend and I had to throw it on the floor and buy a blanket in a shop. Although wifi is advertised, you have to pay for it. This is almost forgiveable in comparison with the fact that they also charge for the shower, which is on the ground floor. To be fair, some of the staff were friendly and it is very close to the Brochant metro stop, but aside from that this hotel was absolutely terrible. I guess you get what you pay for, if you see a hotel that is cheaper than a hostel, there's usually a damn good reason why.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Jack K

Travelers are raving about these Paris hotels

Frankfurt, Germany
Reviewed July 15, 2013

relaxed staff. english is no problem.
nice area, a lot of shops and restaurants, close to a metro station and the center; only 15 minutes walking to the Moulin Rouge.
Basicially clean (we have seen only 1 spider during our 6-days stay) but one shower was molded.
Same price as a hostel but you've got more privacy.
=> good cost-benefit ratio. convenient stay!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Till L
Porto, Portugal
Reviewed April 14, 2013

I would not reccommend this hotel to anyone,families,solo travellers,group of friends or couples who are all travelling on a tight budget.There were ants in our room,our towels were left on the floor only to find that the cleaner just picked it up and put it back on the towel rack & we were staying there for 5 nights and our sheets were not changed.The corridors of the hotel smelled musty & it was really noisy hotel,you can hear everything thats how thin the walls are.Its way too overpriced for the location and condition and service you get.I cant believe that hotels like this actually exist in a city like Paris!!!!Rather pay abit more for a better hotel and service.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Sandra D
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 29, 2013

Ants in the room, smelly in the room as well in the corridors, they dont change the bedding daily as well as the towels, its not worth the price you pay even though we went for the cheapest option the bathroom was shared i would not recommend it at all!!!!!!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Filipe B
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Let me start by saying we were treated like absolute peasants. On arrival we were asked (might I add very rudely) to pay 165 euros, when our confirmation clearly stated 113 euros. After 10 minutes of explaining that we did not have that sort of money as we will be returning to Australia is under 5 day the receptionist agreed on the price and shunned us to our room, or should I say rubbish bin. The room was a disgrace, holes in the walls, hair in the bed, and a godforsaken smell (keep in mind my girlfriend and I are not the fussy types- travelling as uni students we were well aware of the sorts of places we may face....but this was just awful) Oh and one of the towels left for us was wet (presumably from the previous guests) and when I asked the man (thought to be the manager) if my towel could be replaced he simply chucked it on the heater and abruptly banged on our door and threw it at me. And it gets much much worse. After we settled in and left our room we were confronted by a staff member who demanded we pay 20 euros as the price we were quoted was wrong. After saying no and explaining we did not have the money he demanded we leave our keys. After he snatched them we promptly left. On our arrival late at night we were asked to pay the money to get our keys back...all a ploy to take our money. The next morning the man who requested the money (who we thought to be the manager) demanded the money. After he yelled at my girlfriend saying "give me the money!" and walking off on us we told him we wanted a refund. His response was no the manager says you have to pay and you cannot get a refund, he kept yelling "IT'S NOT POSSIBLE, GIVE ME THE MONEY" He had the audacity to lie to our faces and claim he wasn't the manager but get this when we asked what the managers name was, he paused, looked around and said "ummmmm that doesn't matter". He exploited the fact that we spoke little to no french and arabic and screamed at us in both languages. My girlfriend was infuriated and you can imagine how angry I was that the manager of a hotel that we trusted us to provide us with the quoted room at the quoted amount was treating us with such disgusting disrespect. He not only acted like a child that had not been taught manners but he was as deceptive as a child scheming to get their hands on their favourite sweets (and in this case it was our money!!!!) He then proceeded to claim that if we do not pay that money then he will have to pay his (non- existant) manager the money from his own pocket. We wanted out of there, as by this time my girlfriend was almost in tears and I genuinely feared that he would take things much further. He gave us no other option but to pay the money and stay all the nights. So reluctantly we handed over the money. GET THIS he pulls out a big fat wad of cash from his pocket and added our money obtained through daylight robbery! After explaining that we were students who had come all the way to france to obtain medicine to help my very ill grandmother (therefore that is what our money was put to, not a dump of a hotel) he still continued to demand the money saying "I don't care about her, I know you liars have money" Oh and they have the audacity to charge 2.5 euros per person, per shower (btw the shower is a dump) and 1 euro per hour for wifi (that barely works)
PLEASE FOR YOU MENTAL AND PHYSICAL HEALTH DO NOT STAY AT THIS DUMP.
Our trip to Paris that we worked so hard for was ruined, we do not by any means wish to see another guest face what we have.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
6 Thank lucachizz
mulhouse
Reviewed January 8, 2013

UGLY HOTEL ! I have been sleeping in this hotel in november 2012, and was very surprised to see that there are still such hotels in Paris nowadays; but as the room presented to me was so uncomfortable, the owner told me: "just pay 40 € more and you will have a far better room". I asked therefore to see the new room, which was so ugly than the previous one, except that it was upstairs and no more on the groundfloor. Od course, no proper bathroom, no proper bed...Just never go there again in my life;

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo