“Very good service”

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank Too_much_hotels
There are newer reviews for Adagio Paris Opera

Reviewed August 31, 2013

We chose this hotel for a family long weekend. Situated in Opera it is an easy walk to most attractions and convenient for the Metro/RER. Clean and modern, with the added benefit of cooking/fridge/dishwasher facilities. Double sofa bed in the lounge split into two separate beds with proper mattresses. Very quiet up on the sixth floor - and aircon too! Very happy and would return.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank MiBi44
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Unlike a standard hotel there's little in the way of usual hotel services but having a kitchen in Paris can be very useful. Location was very good but despite the quietness our sixth floor room was oddly shaped with sloped ceilings.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank flunf
Reviewed August 19, 2013

It's hotel feels just like an apartment building. The place wasn't overcrowded with staff members, nor was it overly luxurious. However, I think that a housing place should first and formost feel comfortable and cozy, if I may. The Adagio hotel rubs off the Parisian lifestyle. The rooms are smartly designed. Compact and without adventitious elements. My trip to Paris was not about the hotel, but the Adagio Opera made it all the better,

Room Tip: The longer you stay, the cheaper it is. I recommend the place for families or couples who stay at le...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Quick overview: We're told we were getting a quite room & were given possibly the most noisy room you could get, air conditioner was broken, tv was broken and there were insects flying around the room. Not a great experience. Lack of sleep affected our trip.

More Detail: Going off other reviews on Trip Advisor, we decided to book this hotel. We booked in advance & requested a quiet room. We arrived at 12pm & were advised by the staff member that the quiet room we requested wasn't ready & would be when we return. We left our bags & returned later that night. A new staff member gave us the key to the first floor which made us concerned. We went to our room & were given a room level with the street. There is no soundproofing (might as well had no window). The air conditioning was broken & it was terribly hot, but as it was late we just had to put up with it, the tv was also broken. We went to reception the next morning & requested another room but we're told they only had one other room on the same floor & if we wanted it we would have to pay a cleaning bill for the room we were in.... I also asked what happened to our 'quite room' & he said they are fully booked & shrugged his shoulders as if to say too bad... A garbage truck started collecting rubbish at 6 in the morning everyday (would start on one side of the street & the came back to do the other side every morning) Bikes raced up & down the road late & early. Please save yourself any possible discomfort & avoid this hotel.

Room Tip: Top floor may be quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Becs v
Reviewed June 30, 2013

The Adagio was well placed for our needs, the metro is close by if you want to travel by train, as is the open top bus stop and the bus stop for Roissy Bus (airport bus to Charles De Gaulle). We stayed 5 nights in the studio apartment, it was quite noisy and I am a light sleeper so I was worried that I wouldnt be able to sleep with the noise of the traffic but most nights we were so tired after walking 8 hours that we fell asleep within seconds. We found the bed a bit hard and the pillows didnt have much support but again we had no trouble sleeping, just woke up a bit stiff. The only thing that we would have liked to have seen in the apartment that it didnt have was a toaster.
The staff were always helpful and friendly.
I love the Opera area and have stayed in this area before.
The hotel is close to restaurants and cafe's as well as supermarkets with everything you may need.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 21, 2013

I stayed in a studio apartment for 5 nights and it was great value for money at just over 1,000 euros which is cheaper than most hotel rooms. It was clean and well equipped with a kitchen (fridge, dishwasher, microwave, cooktop and utensils/plates/cups/pans) and a bathroom (with toilet, bathtub and showerhead) and free wifi. The staff provided excellent service and allowed me to check-in early as check-in is normally 3pm but I checked-in just after 12pm no hassles. Check-out is 11am but I was due to be picked up at 12.30pm to go to the airport. The staff were more than happy for me to wait at the hotel after check-out and even offered to look after my bags if I wanted to go out to the shops while waiting. It's a 5 min walk to Galleries Lafayette and the hop on hop off bus stop. Secure entry to the hotel and very quiet at night given it's right in the heart of the city.
The bed was a fold-out one so it wasn't as comfortable as sleeping on a normal mattress and the bedding provided wasn't as good as a proper bed, but it was clean and I still had a good sleep.
The thing that you have to be mindful of is that if you stay 4 nights or more, your room won't be serviced/clean every day (only once a week or at the end of your stay). You have to pay extra if you want your room serviced. There is a policy that your room will be serviced every day for free if you stay 1-3 nights. It would have been nice if room clean/service was at least every couple of days (and included in the price). However, I'm quite a tidy person so this wasn't a big deal for me.
Overall, great value, service and location. I would stay there again, but would probably get a 1 bedroom apartment rather than a studio one.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo