InterContinental Paris-Avenue Marceau
$279
$265
Cancelon
  • Fitness center
All reviewsarc de triompheambassador membereiffel towerboutique hotelprestige roomstar servicesmall lobbyboutique feelboutique styleconcierge staffrooms are modernsmall hotelexcellent locationcoffee makerthe entire staffstayed here for one nightbed was very comfortable
Reviewed October 4, 2012

I spent 500€ to spend the night in a shoebox. I asked if they had a gym, they said 'bien sure' and showed me a wardrobe with a cyclette inside. Room was clean and new but I didn't have the space to open my suitcase. On top, I was on the first floor, front road, very noisy. So disappointing

Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank GPsLondon
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Paris-Avenue Marceau, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2012

Dear GPsLondon,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review regarding your recent stay. I am glad you liked the cleanliness of you room. I am sorry you were not satisfied with our fitness facility and the space of your room that fell below your expectations. I am also sorry for the inconvenience caused by the outside noises. I understand the discomfort this has caused you. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. Thank you for staying with us.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed September 26, 2012

If you read my reviews as a traveler to France, you will note that certain Hotels because of one reason or another, become mainstays. Of course, I love to pamper myself when in France as i am usually working very hard and then visiting friends. I have two favorites in Paris, both Intercontinetals although I must admit, although I have been a frequent guest at 'Le Grand' for years, this smaller, Boutqiue-like, 5* luxe ..well...it just gives you the 'Uber Intercontinental Experience' in its unique way. It is smaller than the 'Grand' and thus filled with a very warm ambiance the moment you walk to the entrance. As I've reviewed this hotel at least twice before, I shall try to add new revelations of a person who adores this hotel. I had two very rare plates f the 18thC that were going to arrive at the hotel two days before I was to arrive. Emilie David, a friendly, professional who has the perfect mix of warmth and service that a 5* hotel demands, was quick to write me that they would make sure the paclage was noted as coming and it would be placed in safe keeping with the Concierge. Voila. As she promised, these two rare pieces were well guarded and handed over to me a few minutes after I arrived. My welcome from the Bellmen (who always remember me) , the best concierge service in Paris, and the best team to run and handle reservations and customer relations, Natasha and Emilie, all made me feel ike an important friend who was returning. The hotel is so clever in its design, as it is a smaller hotel, and always the ingenius way they manage to incoporate all the amenties one expects from a 5* hotel actually makes me smile in admiration. I had a small..but not too small..just right, in fact, Chambre prestige with a balcony overlooking a lovely view as you sat at a work station perhaps sending emails or taking breakfast and a stunning fresco on the ceiling. The beds are the 'hallmark' Intercontiental sooth you to sleep in amazing comfort and serenity. Soundproofed to the max ..it is an oasis of calm . Flat screen TV. Small but luxury bathrroom with so many wonderful luxury products that I'd be hard-pressed to mention them all. As I am a member of the Intercontinetal Ambassador club, on usallty receives a gift od some type when you arrive and Voila. Two bottles of Mineral water, free internet service, box of Galettes from Fauchon and a welcome letter from the Director of the Hotel. But this Hotel surpasses others in this area. Two hours later a plate arrived with an array of delicious exotic fruits and more mineral water. Expresso and tea was also complimentary in the room and the Prestige room has a DVD player if you want to watch a specific film at night. I ordered the breakfast in the room as I wanted to sit peacefully at my table.desl over looking my balcony with the windows open. Delicious and a delightful hour just sipping wonderful tea after finsihing the meal. But how do I sum up the overall sense of 'well-being and contentment' that one feels in the air of this very...yes..I'll say it..'Happy Hotel'? Somehow everything comes together just right and every facet of your stay is as you wished all Hotels could manage. Of course I will be back again in a few months to once again...walk out the door and be in the very heart of Paris after walking 2 minutes. What an amazing location. A very special version of what I call... ' The Intercontinental Experience'

Room Tip: Room 207 with its fresco on the ceiling and petite balcony is my favorite Prestige chambre.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank LeTerrible
Reviewed September 21, 2012

Nice hotel in a great location but I guess I am not into boutique hotels presented by major chains. The restaurant which is quite small had a smell problem as if the kitchen venting was not as good as it should be. The executive rooms are very small considering we paid €460 to stay. The hotel are up to Intercontinental standards and the concierge is extremely helpful and friendly.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Paris-Avenue Marceau, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2012

Dear Simken,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your wonderful comment regarding our concierge and staff.

However, We’re sorry about the smell coming out from the kitchen. We will look into this. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed September 16, 2012

Fantastic location, I stayed here for 3 nights in August and the staff very friendly and service brilliant, all your needs are taking care of lovely room and facilities absolutely spotless

bathroom, front desk staff were really helpful I would recommend this hotel I will be back thank you

Room Tip: really good spot to get about the City of Paris
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 14, 2012

There are two Intercontinentals in Paris the aptly named, centrally located, Grand and this one it’s quieter, smaller sibling. I fancied the big-city buzz of the Grand and my wife wanted boutique chic. She won out this time and so long as you are aware that is what you are getting this hotel is excellent.
We had a 2 nights stay in mid-August 2012. One night paid and one points so we paid-up for a nice room with terrace and kept that for the second, points, night. Corresponding with the hotel about this and also about pre-booking tickets and restaurants I had been struck by the professionalism and courtesy of the staff. They were really on the ball. And on checking-in we found that that was consistent across our stay. Room was spacious, well appointed and well maintained, though only having a shower in a high category room was a minus. Furniture was stylish and of high-quality. The terrace was a nice space to relax in. Location was very good, a block or two down from the Arc de Triomphe but on one of the quieter avenues. There was a nice coffee-shop/bakery across the road. Room service breakfast, on the terrace, was one of the best we have ever had. Toileteries were some of the nicest we have ever cleared out of a hotel bathroom. All in all a nice relaxing stay at a small, boutique hotel with excellent staff though having looked at the floor map on the room door and seen the size of some of the rooms it would be worth your while corresponding with the hotel to maximize your stay particularly if you have priority points. Would happily stay again.

Room Tip: Correspond with them prior to your stay about room options, they were very professional and accommodating
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple