“Average experience”

Neighborhood: Montmartre
Bucharest, Romania
“Average experience”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

We've spent our evening in Montmartre and decided to try a cosy place. They have some pre-defined menus - quite good value for money. However, there is an average restaurant with average food and mediocre services - a bored to life waitress clearly overwhelmed when the restaurant is fool. Although I appreciate a shabby decor, I do not like shabby lighting systems and ruined walls, this place is in need of some renovation.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Poznan, Poland
“cheap yet tasty cozy and warm”
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Been there 2 weeks ago, after visiting Montrmartre, we were searching for a cozy little resteurant with an authentic parisien atmosphere and Chez Marie was the place that caught our eye. As the interior is concerned I must admit that it is a bit tacky but I was never into fancy. as a backpacker I am always more into little family ran places than into fancy restaurants. I've ordered onion soup and my boyfriend went for Beuf burginion. The meat was ok, for a reasonable price although the portion could be bigger. The onion soup was THE BEST ONION SOUP THAT I EVER HAD. The taste rich, and somewhat spicy, topped with wholegrain bread and melted cheese. YUM! Also a big advantage of the place is english speaking very helpful service (the waiter recommended a nice B&B). We will surely go there again.

• Visited September 2012
Toronto, Canada
“Chez Most Excellent!”
Reviewed October 11, 2012

For 12 euros you can enjoy a very typical French meal - salad or onion soup, a meat dish (if you skip the fries, they will give you more salad) and dessert. Atmosphere was cozy, lively but not noisy. Very enjoyable!

2 Thank Beverley T
Gdansk, Poland
“It is wonderful”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

I went there just couple days ago. Me and my friend decided to sightsee Paris on our own. That is how we found this lovely place. It is small and very cozy. I decided to try onion soup which was one of the best I have ever tried. We also had a little desert and a wine. I have to say this place is magical. We didn’t pay much about 16 Euro which is not much for restaurant in this part of Paris. Service was also good. I can warmly recommend this wonderful place. I went there just cupple days ago. Me and my friend decided to sightsee Paris on ourown. That is how we found this lovely place.

Bandung, Indonesia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent”
Reviewed October 4, 2012

Unique atmosphere of real Paris, good food for a reasonable price, fantastic service. Every time I come back to Paris this restaurant is on my 'to-go' list. It never lets me down.

• Visited August 2012