“A relaxing way to see the main sights”

The Little Train of Montmartre (Le Petit Train de Montmartre)
Book In Advance
More Info
$152.65*
and up
The Paris Pass Including Hop-On Hop-Off Bus Tour and Entry to Over 60...
Ranked #151 of 541 Tours in Paris
Type: Rail Tours, Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: All year round, two trains greet you for a 35-minute ride with French or English running commentary.
Dorset, United Kingdom
107 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 168 helpful votes
“A relaxing way to see the main sights”
Reviewed December 10, 2012

We were the only 2 in a train that could hold 70 ! Nonetheless it was a great trip and we saved out legs having climbed up from Abbesses, the commentary was quite acceptable and the lady driver was very skilled. Well recommended.

Visited December 2012

• Greek first
  • Korean first
Sarnia, Canada
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“A wonderful choice for young children”
Reviewed November 15, 2012

Prior to our trip, I had tried to research the internet for something to do in Paris with our 4 year-old son. Several of the websites mentioned the Petit Train de Montmartre, so I decided to give it a try.

It was initially difficult to find the boarding location of the train. It would the only reason that I would give it a 4-star over a 5-star. It took us a good 15 minutes walking around Moulin Rouge to find out where we can wait for the train.

When we finally found the stop, there was actually a metro vent which became one of the highlights of my son's trip. He thought it was really cool to stand on the vent and have his shirt and jacket fly up in the air!

Once we were on the train, he was so excited that he started yelling "choo, choo, choo". It was a lot easier for me because then I didn't have to walk up the hill with him. My guess is that he would start complaining half way up and wanted to be carried. It was also a good way to highlight some of the places around Montmartre.

He loved this train so much that we had to return the next day with his dad! My husband thought it was a great idea too since then it reserves your energy for walking around Montmartre afterwards.

I would highly recommend it for people with children.

Visited October 2012
San Clemente, California
50 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 400 helpful votes
“The highlight of my husband's trip!!”
Reviewed September 27, 2012

OMG... who would have thought that this would be the highlight of my husband's trip!! His feet were aching and just had to sit for a while so we opted for this tourist train ride. For €5 each, the train took us for a 40 minute ride all around the Montmartre and Pigalle area. We got to see the less tourist area on this ride. It was much better than I anticipated and since my husband was happy, I was happy.

3 Thank Sylvia H
Rhodes, Greece
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 79 helpful votes
“Excellent choice to feel Montmartre's atmosphere”
Reviewed September 19, 2012

Although we hesitated at first using this small train finally we didn't regret it. For 30 minutes we had the most pleasant tour around the area, having a rest from the continuous walk around the city of the previous days and avoiding all this small stairs of Montmartre. This place was beautiful and atmospheric and small train the best way to feel its atmosphere. It started from Sacre Coeur and passed from the main square, the famous vineyards, the red district of Paris with the famous Moulin Rouge and many picturesque neighborhoods. Its commentary on the attractions was also very useful. It really worths it!

1 Thank Delideb
London, United Kingdom
67 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 138 helpful votes
“Great tourist fun, good value for money”
Reviewed September 14, 2012

My family came to visit Paris, which meant aged parents and a toddler were in the group. This train tour was an excellent way to see the district without having to climb steep stairs or do lots of walking.

The whole tour takes about 35 minutes. You can either get on the train at the bottom of the hill by Pigalle Metro or at the top by the Basillica. I would suggest getting the train from the bottom, get off at the top for a walk around, and then getting back on the train to go back down the hill (remember to hold on to your ticket).

The train does provide a reasonable commentary. And even for somebody who lives in the earlier I learned some totally useless, but interesting information about the district! You get to see the different parts of Montmartre, and probably a lot more than most tourists manage to see.

It's a great way to get a flavour of the district, and save tired legs from too much effort. I would highly recommend it, as a good piece of cheesy fun sight seeing.

3 Thank callumx

Travelers who viewed The Little Train of Montmartre (Le Petit Train de Montmartre) also viewed

Been to The Little Train of Montmartre (Le Petit Train de Montmartre)? Share your experiences!