“Excellent Meal, nice location”
Review of la Place Royale

la Place Royale
Ranked #740 of 17,155 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Le Marais
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Excellent Meal, nice location”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

If your looking for a place to have one of the best Steak Tartares in Paris you've found the place. We had one of the best dinners here two years ago when we visited with our kids and decided to try it again. The restaurant is located in "Place des Vosges", which is one of the oldest planned squares in Paris. We sat outside and enjoyed the view. My kids all loved the food.

• Korean first
Baku, Azerbaijan
“I liked restaurant”
Reviewed June 13, 2013

service and meal. It was near Place de Royal. If one wants to go good restaurant, It will be best choice

Visited June 2013
Paris, France
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent value”
Reviewed June 13, 2013

La Place Royale has a very attractive terrace for outside dining, but the inside is very elegant and comfortable as well. The salad niçoise was fresh and very tasty, and just the right size. Service was prompt and attentive. I have been here previously for dinner, and although service and atmosphere were great, the steak I ordered was a bit fatty, but the fries were outstanding. Because of the steak (and the fact that others at the table had meat that was underdone and fatty), I rate it very good rather than excellent. Still, it's outstanding value for money.

paris
“Good location, but-”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Great location in the Place des Vosges, nice staff excellent frites but two faux filets were very fatty and a bit tough and it is important to specify exactly what level of rareness you want. Both steaks and a duck breast were very underdone even for people who like their meat rare.
Good wine list and reasonably priced

Toronto
“Lovely surprise”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Although every year I stop by the Place des Vosges, one of my favourite places, I had never eaten at this restaurant -now it will be on my list. After a Sunday spent wandering around the Marais, we stopped just for a drink but decided on dinner once we saw the prix fixed offering and we're so glad that we did. The service was a bit haphazard but the waitress was charming and helpful, possibly inexperienced. We all ordered the delicious steak frites as our plat which came with wine, salad and dessert. The atmosphere was great -busy, lots of conversation all around, jazz just a bit beyond the restaurant. It was our last night in Paris so a perfect ending to our visit, the first time for my two friends.

• Visited September 2012