“I liked restaurant”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Le Marais
Reviewed June 13, 2013

service and meal. It was near Place de Royal. If one wants to go good restaurant, It will be best choice

Reviewed June 13, 2013

La Place Royale has a very attractive terrace for outside dining, but the inside is very elegant and comfortable as well. The salad niçoise was fresh and very tasty, and just the right size. Service was prompt and attentive. I have been here previously for dinner, and although service and atmosphere were great, the steak I ordered was a bit fatty, but the fries were outstanding. Because of the steak (and the fact that others at the table had meat that was underdone and fatty), I rate it very good rather than excellent. Still, it's outstanding value for money.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

Great location in the Place des Vosges, nice staff excellent frites but two faux filets were very fatty and a bit tough and it is important to specify exactly what level of rareness you want. Both steaks and a duck breast were very underdone even for people who like their meat rare.
Good wine list and reasonably priced

Reviewed May 12, 2013

Although every year I stop by the Place des Vosges, one of my favourite places, I had never eaten at this restaurant -now it will be on my list. After a Sunday spent wandering around the Marais, we stopped just for a drink but decided on dinner once we saw the prix fixed offering and we're so glad that we did. The service was a bit haphazard but the waitress was charming and helpful, possibly inexperienced. We all ordered the delicious steak frites as our plat which came with wine, salad and dessert. The atmosphere was great -busy, lots of conversation all around, jazz just a bit beyond the restaurant. It was our last night in Paris so a perfect ending to our visit, the first time for my two friends.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

This restaurant, located next door to Victor Hugo's home and museum, was a nice place to stop and enjoy a leisurely lunch. My wife had the chef salad and I had the Niçoise salad. Both were very plentiful, well presented and tasty. The house wine was very drinkable. Nice place to stop and enjoy a restful moment from the busy comings and goings of the tourist's day.