“Very good food but expensive!”
Review of La Rose de France

La Rose de France
Reserve with
Save up to 20% when you reserve online *
La Rose de France is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2,738 of 17,413 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Ile de la Cite / Ile Saint-Louis
Description: Situated on the Place Dauphine in the heart of Paris' 1st arrondissement, close to the Pont Neuf, Saint Michel, Notre Dame, la Sainte-Chapelle and the Louvre, La Rose de France is a haven of peace with its lush green terrace and warm Mediterranean d��cor. This charming restaurant has been serving traditional French market cuisine and fine wines for over 63 years. Dishes include tartine of smoked salmon with rocket, pumpkin soup, grilled Barramundi fillet with fried artichokes and tender duck breasts that are perfectly pink in the centre. La Rose de France boasts a diverse wine list which is sure to satisfy even the most demanding palette. The average price varies between 22 to 46 Euros.
London, United Kingdom
“Very good food but expensive!”
Reviewed January 20, 2013

This is a very quaint, well designed, cozy, and romantic restaurant. The service was amazing and the food was outstanding. The servings were a little small but we didn't mind because it allowed for some delicious desert. We were sat in a tiny and cozy room with just two tables.

The chicken dish is highly recommended.

Our waitress was lovely, bubbly, and very friendly!

1 Thank kovsky

Buckinghamshire
“Very pleasant service and good food”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

We enjoyed our evening at La Rose de France: we were warmly welcomed and we learned that the restaurant was under new management, having re-opened just afte Christmas. Portions were prettily presented but a little on the small side and we later wished we'd had a starter. Two courses is normally enough for us but not this time. There were some hilarious mis-tranlations on the menu but the staff took the criticism very well and we spent a pleasant evening, eating and chatting to the staff. We would go back but would definitely have three courses next time. It's not hearty brasserie-type food and not nouvelle cuisine, perhaps something in between the two. We both had monkfish with sautéed pak choi and mushrooms, and our desserts were shortbread bases topped with cream, strawberries and dark chocolate. Very pretty to look at and delicious. It was more expensive than another excellent restaurant in the same Place, and not such good value for money.

1 Thank Moville047
Texas
“New Year's Eve meal”
Reviewed January 8, 2013

I have dined at La Rose on several different occasions and each meal has been very good. I was in Paris and decided to make a reservation. I almost missed the restaurant as it has been changed on the outside and there is new seating on the inside. I made a reservation and my daughter and I were welcomed on NY's eve very warmly by the staff. We found out from a couple next to us that the restaurant was under new management and had only re-opened a week earlier. I ordered the onion soup, my daughter had the smoked salmon planke. Both were presented very well, and both were very tasty. For a main course my filet was overcooked, but it could have been a miscommunication on my part to the waiter. My daughter had the cod and she had nothing but good things to say about it. Once again, presentation was really well done. The desserts were delicious, creme brulee and my daughter had a framboise shortbread with chocolate. The chef prepared a coconut ice cream dish that was given to each table gratuite as a celebration of the new year. The service was good all throughout the evening, maybe a little slow, but I was not in any rush, and no one else in the restaurant seemed to be either. The menu was somewhat limited from the older La Rose, but I'm sure it will gain more selections as the restaurant becomes more established. Overall a very pleasant experience, good food and I will return.

1 Thank WizTexas
capnhist
“Good food, average service”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

When it comes to service in Parisian restaurants, it's best to go in with low expectations and be blown away by exceptional workers. That said, my wife I went to Rose de France with low expectations and we were not surprised. We went mostly because it was across the street from our hotel. Service was slow, but not unfriendly, and the food came out hot. The food itself was good. I thoroughly enjoyed my French onion soup (aka Soupe a l'Oignon Gratinee), and my wife got some very good Escargot, which is very easy to over- or undercook. We were blessed with a sunny evening to enjoy our meal, so while it may not have been the best, it was certainly tasty and well worth the visit.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank capnhist
London, England, United Kingdom
“Great little romantic restaurant”
Reviewed November 7, 2012

I'm a big fan of Rose de France, more for the location and atmosphere than the food. Don't get me wrong, the food is very good, but I do think there are better places in Paris if that is your main concern! If, however, you are after a combination of good food and a romantic, typically Parisian restaurant with an intimate atmosphere, then this place is perfect!
Best to book in advance as it is quite small and gets booked up pretty quickly.

• Visited December 2011