“Gare de Lyon”
Review of Le Train Bleu

Le Train Bleu
Reserve with
Save up to 30% when you reserve online *
Le Train Bleu is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,520 of 18,482 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French
Good for: Business meetings, Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Bercy / Nation
Description: Listed historical monument inside the station at the first floor, the restaurant "Le Train Bleu" is opened every day for lunch and dinner. Breakfast are served in the bar lounges all the day
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Great atmosphere, rich menu based on the Lyonnaise cuisine, with many specialties. The restaurant is very big and very...historic (established in 1901), with a very scenic location, just inside the train station - La Gare de Lyon. I ate a coquille st.Jacques carpaccio and a sort of a river fish meat loaf; people with me tasted the lamb and their feeling was very positive. Desserts are very good as well. Great wine menu. I can't say anything about the prices, because I didn't pay (company dinner), although I saw the menu and it's not cheap for sure. But I liked the experience.

3  Thank Hieronymus56
TrainBleu S, Responsable commercial at Le Train Bleu, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2013

Good afternoon,
We thank you for writing a comment on this site and we are pleased to read that we have appreciated the quality of our food. It's always a great pleasure to receive positiv comments and we will share them with our team. We look forward to welcoming you soon
Withy best regards

Write a ReviewReviews (4,696)

Reviewed February 17, 2013

A very nice historical restuarant in the Gare De Lyon train station. Made reservations for Valentines Day Dinner. Had to pre pay to reserve the table. Price was high but every where in Paris for Valentines was expensive. Called ahead to check on dress codes which they told me there was none (even though everyone was very well dressed for valentines day). The place itself is amazing, the paintings, the chandeliers, etc. We were taken right away to a table (tables are right next to each other, to the point you have to move the table out to seat on the other side). The Maitre D spoke good english but the rest of the staff spoke to us in French even after we told them we didnt speak French (I will learn for next time). The pre set menu consisted of champagne glass, soup, duck foe grass, lobster bisque, veal, vodka litchi, desserts, coffee and chocolates. Overall great food, great to experiment and eat a little French Cuisine especially for a special evening. The service was good, even taking our coats for us. The pace of the meal was a little slow but it is the European way. Only thing I would have liked to see was a rose on the table for the ladies (especially for the price of the meal). Overall good experience, I would recommend this restaurant and would come back.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

Some of us were there before but I was the only one who was there for the first time.

The location is like what its name says! the train-station! a lot of people coming in and others dragging their suitcases out. The waiters are very busy running back and forth. It gets loudly!

The seats are not that much comfortable.

We ordered lam and it was really delicious!

The service was not up to our expectations but that was OK!

I think it is a once in a life-time experience to eat in this restaurant. Not so romantic but it's more social and there is nothing to remember about it afterward, maybe the setting!

Reviewed February 15, 2013

My boyfriend and I visited Le Train Bleu yesterday during a Valentine's day trip to Paris. I had booked the restaurant in advance and was not entirely sure which way this was going to go after reading mixed reviews on Tripadvisor.

But from the moment we walked in, it was just a lovely experience. The hostess who showed us to her table was so smiley, pleasant and helpful, offering to put our coats in the cloakroom for us.

We then sat down at our table and started to soak up the atmosphere. The first thing we noticed that the majority of customers appeared to be French businessmen in suits, hardly the tourist trap we had read about in some reviews. We were then greeted by our waiter, who had just came to say hello and to tell us we had all the time in the world to order. We never felt rushed through the whole meal which was a welcome change from so many restaurants. Our wine waiter was also very sweet and friendly and was always popping back to our table to refill our glasses.

The food, we thought was fab. I had the most delicious chunk of smoked salmon while my boyfriend had snail ravioli which he thoroughly enjoyed. I then had roast leg of lamb which was really tender and well cooked, while my boyfriend had steak tartar which was prepared and cooked at the table for him, a really nice touch we though.

We were in the restaurant for over 2 hours and could have stayed much longer had we not been in Paris only for a day and had more important sightseeing to attend to! Food, wine, service and atmosphere all wonderful and we would definitely recommend!

3  Thank the_travelling_bug_7
Reviewed February 13, 2013

The food is very good, the service is excellent, the atmosphere peerless.
Every inch of the restaurant including the ceiling is decorated, painted, guilded with gold and lighted by crystal chandelliers. If you go here, make sure to soak it in as it leaves you with a sense that you're dining at a palace as opposed to a train station.

Price is fair.

1  Thank wsep
TrainBleu S, Responsable commercial at Le Train Bleu, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2013

Dear client,
We thank you very much for writing a comment on this site and we are pleased to read that you have spent a nice moment in our restaurant. We look forward to welcoming you soon
With best regards