“Much better than expected, really a great find!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel L'Adresse Paris

Hotel L'Adresse Paris
Ranked #1,181 of 1,795 Hotels in Paris
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Much better than expected, really a great find!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2012

I absolutely loved this hotel. I was in town for a conference at le Palais des Congres, which is VERY nearby (literally less than a block away) and the conference hotel selected had gotten poor reviews on TripAdvisor, so my assistant found me L'Adresse. I couldn't be more pleased! Where do I even start? Well, it was cheaper than the conference hotel, and I got more for it. Not only was there an espresso maker in the room, but the room came with a rain shower, a closet (not always a given in France), a mini-fridge, and a robe and slippers! The robe and slippers, while a common American amenity, were a first for me in France (same for the mini-fridge). All of my colleagues at the conference hotel (who had paid a lot more!) were quite envious.

In addition, this was probably hands down the best customer service I've ever received in a Paris hotel. After arriving, I noticed the converter my assistant had sent with me was broken. The hotel lent me theirs for the length of my stay, free of charge. And did I mention the wi-fi is also free of charge! The night before I was supposed to leave, I found out around midnight that United had cancelled my flight the next day. The young man working the desk was so upset and worked so hard to help me get my flight home worked out that you would think it was his own. That level of caring is kind of rare no matter where you are (he really was superb). In addition, even though they all spoke English, the staff was courteous enough to let me use my French, which doesn't always happen, I used to live in France so I hate it when waitstaff, etc try to force me to speak English, but that didn't happen here; the staff was genuinely conscious of speaking with me in whichever language I preferred.

The only negative is the part of town it's in. I personally don't care for that whole area between the Arc and la Defense. If it weren't for the fact that I prefer other parts of the city, I would stay here every time, hands down, no doubt. But if I'm ever at the convention center again, you can bet I won't even consider staying anywhere else.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank HereOnBiz

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Belmont, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2012

We really enjoyed this hotel--nicely appointed, great location, very friendly staff at the front desk that spoke excellent English. One guy was particularly fantastic--he gave us a tip to go to Laduree for macroons and we had them every day from that moment on! I was so happy with the stay until we were checking out and I found out that they charged over $30 PER PERSON for breakfast every morning. The breakfast was nothing to get excited about--no hot foods that you didn't have to heat yourself. I believed it was complimentary because it was so minimal. My 12 year old son only ate there once, but we were charged for all three of us every day that we were there. We had a very rude shuttle driver (not affiliated with the hotel) who was impatiently waiting, and I think I was in shock, so I just signed the credit card bill for the breakfasts and left for the airport. I have written them twice to try to get a refund for the meals my son never ate but that we were charged $30 per day for, but they have just ignored the emails that I've sent through their website. I wouldn't recommend them because of how they're handling my correspondence after the stay. It feels like now that they have my money, they don't care about solving my problem any more.

Room Tip: The rooms in the front of the hotel are extremely loud. Try to get the one with the terrible view i...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Laura A
Athens, Greece
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2012

Great location near Palais de Congres and metro station, very modern and beautifully decorated rooms that took very good advantage of the rather small space, very nice and functional bathroom, Nespresso Coffee machine in the room, excellent and very helpful staff who do speak english, clean, nice beds. We didn't try breakfast as it was quite expensive, but we tried many of the excellent restaurants and bistros around the hotel.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Natgoula
cheshire
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2012

The room was very small there were a couple of fibres and bits on the bed I did also notice quite alot of bits on the floor. It was very warm in the room and didn't feel like there was air con.
The desk was too small to sit at and do any work as I was on business.
Staff were very helpful.
Comfy bed.
Breakfast wasn't great.
One word of warning I didn't realise and like a lengthy shower and this set the smoke alarms off in the building as the bathrooms are almost like wet rooms so be careful to have your bedroom window open.
The walls are also thin here but it is OK as a bolt hole if you are on business I wouldn't of liked to stay here for any length of time as a very very small room.
The room was modern and in general a nice room.

Room Tip: Ask for the largest room possible as the room I stayed in was very small
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2012 via mobile

Just stayed for one night on a flying visit to Paris. The location of the hotel for the price was fantastic just up from the arc. Didn't spend to much time in the hotel but the staff were great and the rooms fresh and clean, although a bit on the dark side and small but as only for one night not a problem - we didn't have breakfast but instead grabbed a couple of pastries from a bakery about 5 mins walk away. Would definitely go back for another flying visit but if we're to spend a bit more time in the hotel would probably feel a bit claustrophobic

Stayed April 2012
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2012

Excellent location, 3 minutes to the congress centre. Lovely rooms, very modern. Nespresso Coffee machines and herbal teas nice to come home to. Great service, excellent recommendations.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Namur, Belgium
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2012

We've been in Paris between Xmas and New year's Eve. The roms are incredible, a real "boutique Hotel". Each room is different, small but very fashion.
The breakfeast could really improve for the price. More choise would be better.
We wanted to come back for a week-end during the Fashion Fairs but prices were incredibly higher.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family