“les pates vivantes not so vivant”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Les Pates vivantes

Les Pates vivantes
Ranked #1,971 of 16,870 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Opera / Bourse
Vancouver, Canada
“les pates vivantes not so vivant”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013

We went out of our way to find les pates vivantes (there are several streets bearing the name "faubourg" in the marais district.) The scent of sesame oil + star anise gave us high hopes, but I have to say, we were quite disappointed with what we ordered. I ordered the sautéed noodles + veg + chicken, my husband ordered the sautéed noodles + veg + beef. The noodles were ample and nicely drenched in sauce, but there were very few vegetables, and the meat was bland...both the chicken and the beef could definitely have been improved with marination and/or a good deep braise. Juxtaposed with the saucy noodles, the meat just tasted bland and boiled. Asian flavours are always right with a balance of sweet, salty, sour, spicy...and somehow the vibrance and balance just wasn't there. I grew tired of eating the noodles without a generous enough counterpoint of vegetables and flavourful meat. I kept thinking that a slight hint of sour and some ginger and coriander would have helped. We agree with the comments from others regarding service. We ordered well in advance of a table that was seated after us. They received their food well before us and we were just given a sharp directive to wait. But, it was fun to watch the noodlemaker shave the noodles. At 12 euros per dish, it was over-priced...but we have to remember this is Paris.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank poppyandlily

• Korean first
San Francisco, California
“Chinese food, reasonable priced”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013

Dying for Chinese food after a week of French. Small, busy restaurant. Staff only speaks French and Mandarin Chinese (and very little English). Menu had pictures and I was able to order pot stickers and noodle soup. Both were very good. Accepts credit card for amounts over 15 euros. Very fast service. AC is on low so it was a little warm upstairs. I had spicy noodles so was sweating in my business attire.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank TChan80
Espoo, Finland
“Excellent food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013

Excellent hand made noodles. Big dishes and lots of taste, food was so good we had to come back another day.

• Visited June 2013
Sydney
“AWFUL!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2013

Where does one begin?
Saw Trip Advisor decal on window in passing and decided to give it a try, as they are usually reasonably good to outstanding
Told to go up stairs - three vacant tables so requested one near window to be told brusquely by the male server it was for four people .Voila both tables were then seated with couples after we sat down.
Menus are in Chinese pictures style with French/Chinese description, and waitress could not speak English. Pointed to what we thought was a set menu deal....only found out when we paid the bill it was not available for dinner.
The entree was barely warm and the BIG bowl of noodles and pork was tasteless and had to "fish" for the meat. We left more than half the dish.
When I queried the bill and said that I quite clearly pointed to meal choice and price and the waitress agreed, I was abruptly told she didn't speak English and I should ask or speak French.
With tourist season in full swing that should be mindful and brush up on their people skills
Give it a miss

Visited June 2013
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Very good home made noodles”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2013

Stumbled upon this place when we saw a guy making noodles through the window. Service was decent but they didn't speak much English or understand my crappy attempt at French. The food was very good but our entrees arrived 5 minutes apart. Not a big deal to me but may bug some people. Prices were reasonable for Paris.

• Visited May 2013